Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get stein glass?

• 25-07-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's anywhere in Ireland I could pick up a pair of stein glasses?

Checking before I toddle off to Amazon for them :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Dealz might have them the odd time.

But check out the shop called All Rooms, it's beside the side entrance to M&S on Liffey Street, you might get one in there. It says "Kitchenware" but they usually have a selection of glassware and all kinds of weird stuff.

(01) 873 5822

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

saw them in dunnes a while back .. on special offer with a 1l can of Eichberg or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

by the way, ive a heap of them but they are the stupidist things ever as you never use them as unbottling beer 1L at a time is just daft.

I have some 0.5L versions of them and they are good, and because they are real heavy glass if you freeze them they are great for a frosty beer on a hot summers day !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

IKEA have 600ml handled glasses, no nobbley sides though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭squonk

I saw some tankard/stein type glasses in Aldi last year or the year before and I got a few but I haven't seen any since.

Dunnes have them as previously mentioned. Comes with a beer called eichbaum, costs €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Dunnes have them as previously mentioned. Comes with a beer called eichbaum, costs €7.
    never heard of it, but its seemingly a popular beer in Mannheim and when it hit difficulties in the 90s the SAP millionaire owner Dietmar Hopp stepped in and saved it.
    like a lot of beers in Germany, you'd not see it beyond the immediate locality.

That of course rises the important question, does Mr Hopps Bundesliga football club Hoffenheim serve his beer, but aparantly they dont and serve Bitburger instead - and at €3.20 for 0.4L at a fairly reasonable cost (did I hear beer is €6.50 or €7 at irish music festivals nowadays??).

appolgies for the tangent, but if you have an irrational need for a knobbly beer glass, then you'd understand my irrational need to research beer trivia

never heard of it, but its seemingly a popular beer in Mannheim and when it hit difficulties in the 90s the SAP millionaire owner Dietmar Hopp stepped in and saved it.
    like a lot of beers in Germany, you'd not see it beyond the immediate locality.

All I know about them is that they also make perlenbacher and a few other cheap and watery beers for supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Homestore and more 2 Euro a glass or 2 for a fiver 😕Sorry can't link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

by the way, ive a heap of them but they are the stupidist things ever as you never use them as unbottling beer 1L at a time is just daft.
    +1, I was wondering if the OP wanted them for show, or has he drank from them before.

I was at the munich beef fest many years ago and was disappointed that I could not get a pint in any place I was in.

Dealz have these tankards likes like less than a pint
    http://www.dealz.ie/beer-glass-with-handle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

On a kind of a similar topic, anywhere in Dublin where you can buy Nucleated beer glasses, preferably chalice type, half pint, like the Stella ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

On a kind of a similar topic, anywhere in Dublin where you can buy Nucleated beer glasses, preferably chalice type, half pint, like the Stella ones?

http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=9868&catID=1339&name=Cervoise+Stemmed+Head+First+Beer+Glasses+13%2E4oz+%2F+380ml

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

like the Stella ones?
    There are several stella ones in my house, they must be free with bottles or something, definitely not swiped from pubs anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

A few euro in the barman's tip jar if usually enough for them to turn a blind eye to pilfering if you have a guilty conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Thanks to all for the replies, appreciate the response.

Think the " few euro in the tip jar" might be the option.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you're near it Blackrock Cellar have a range of branded glassware. But I couldn't say for certain if they have the type you're looking for.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I presume what you're looking for is a Maß/Mass, the one litre glass from Bavaria, rather than the old-fashioned stoneware beer stein?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Argos are selling these on special at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

harr wrote: »
    Argos are selling these on special at the moment...

Link?

• Advertisement
Advertisement