Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am wondering is there another good top down shooter for the Vita like dead nation?.

I have super star dust, razer gun,.

Just trying to think is there any other good ones?.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Binding of Isaac

Taltos wrote: »
    Binding of Isaac

Have that as well ha ha. To make it worse on pc, PS4 Xbox one and PS Vita.
    . Love the game to much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

€50 PSN voucher. 12 hour plane journey. What should I get? I'm thinking short bursts of gameplay as I have FFX. Open to anything - the weirder the better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Steamworld Heist, excellent game and good to dip into in between other games

• Advertisement

mise wrote: »
    Steamworld Heist, excellent game and good to dip into in between other games

Definitely getting this. Also thinking of getting Thomas Was Alone. Anyone wacky Japanese short 'N' sweet games?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Definitely getting this. Also thinking of getting Thomas Was Alone. Anyone wacky Japanese short 'N' sweet games?

Assassins Creed Chronicles or Liberation any good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Assassins Creed Chronicles or Liberation any good?

Liberation is decent but don't pay over the odds for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm just after buying Titan Souls, Hitman Go and X com for 18 euro.

I've a big trip coming up so I've been saving my vita but I realise now I've actually too many games so I've started Zero Time Dilemma and I've got the following after:

Suikoden 2, Severed, Steins Gate, Volume, Grim Fandango and the three I mentioned above along with my random game of Stardust Ultra, Spelunky, Geometry Wars, Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy. It's too much! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

tok9 wrote: »

I've a big trip coming up so I've been saving my vita but I realise now I've actually too many games so I've started Zero Time Dilemma and I've got the following after:

Suikoden 2, Severed, Steins Gate, Volume, Grim Fandango and the three I mentioned above along with my random game of Stardust Ultra, Spelunky, Geometry Wars, Don't Starve, Rogue Legacy. It's too much! :p
    Are you joining willie fog and trying to go round the world in 80days via hot air balloon? If so bring your charger and hope the balloon has a socket.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

Let me know what you think of all of them. I've a trip coming up in a few days and I'm about to buy and load a 16GB card with games

How does X com play on the Vita ?. As looks like fun as never played them before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

iamtony wrote: »
    Are you joining willie fog and trying to go round the world in 80days via hot air balloon? If so bring your charger and hope the balloon has a socket.

Something like that.
    Let me know what you think of all of them. I've a trip coming up in a few days and I'm about to buy and load a 16GB card with games

I'll try to, I imagine ZTD will take some time first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If you haven't played OMG Zombies, it's one of my favourite Vita games.

Best place to get a memory card at short notice? Adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Best place to get a memory card at short notice? Adverts?

CEX possibly
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&section=&catid=981

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Vita was hacked by the way !! Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My son has now damaged his Vita twice. Once with water damage and again by dropping it. Any good recommendations for a case? It's the older model PCH-1003.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

eddhorse wrote: »
    Vita was hacked by the way !! Just saying

Can't play PSP or VITA roms though.

Snes, Mega Drive, GBA all work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

ShaneU wrote: »

GBA? How does one make this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Sad state of affairs when you can't even play snes games on a 3DS but you can on a psv:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    GBA? How does one make this work?

https://henkaku.xyz/ visit this site on your vita browser

https://henkaku.xyz/ visit this site on your vita browser

I've done that and got it on the Live Area screen but how do I add Roms?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've done that and got it on the Live Area screen but how do I add Roms?

Looks like you have to do this after every reboot, feck that. Only on 3.6 firmware too so the hole will be closed soon I'd say.
    Visit https://henkaku.xyz from the built-in web browser on your PS Vita and press the “Install” button to install HENkaku. You must do this every time you reboot the console–that is, every time you turn the console off and on again.

For roms you need an FTP client like Filezilla on a laptop to transfer the roms.
    https://henkaku.xyz/usage/

Tutorial:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Seems like a bit of a trek, cheers though!

Think I put my PSN voucher to good use;

Tearaway
    Killzone Mercenaries
    Child of Light
    OMG HD Zombies
    Steamworld Heist
    Thomas Was Alone
    TxK
    Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
    OlliOlli 2

Hello 12 hour flight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I bought Silent Hill again to play on the Vita after reading about it here and it is still a fantastic game. The voice acting is terrible, the controls are a pain in the hoop (but at least you can change them) and the story is confusing as fook but the atmosphere throughout is still as magnificent as it was when I played it 15 years or so ago. Loved it and perfect for playing on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Quick question for ye..

I spent an hour or so trying to figure out if it was possible to remap buttons for remote play on vita but I couldn't do it.

I know you can remap buttons for the ps4 controller through accessibility in the settings but they don't seem to transfer to vita remote play.

For example I was playing hyper light drifter which has R3 and L3 mapped to the back touch pad and the two triggers mapped to the front pad.

I wanted to map the triggers to the back touch as I have one of those cases from play Asia with the back triggers now on it but alas I couldn't do it.

Any help greatly appreciated as playing hyper light drifter remotely will be tough otherwise as its your gun that's mapped to L2 and R2 and you need to aim whilst pressing L2 which is why I'd love to remap them to the back.

Edit.... So yeah from what I have found online this doesn't seem possible. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Is the Vita still worth buying CEX doing some good bargains, but not too many games?

I'm a huge ps4/ps3 player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Is the Vita still worth buying CEX doing some good bargains, but not too many games?

I'm a huge ps4/ps3 player.

I picked up a Vita recently. I don't regret my purchase but I can see why so many people think it's a failure. It just doesn't have a big enough library of exclusive or original games.

I've been playing a lot of Rogue Legacy, The Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy, all of which are available on PS3/PS4. That goes for a lot of the Vita's best titles. Great news for people that want to continue their games when they're away from home, using the cross-save feature, but it's dissapointing if you're looking for an entirely different gaming experience.

My advice would be to take a look at what games are available on both the PS Store and elsewhere (not all games are available digitally). And be honest with yourself about what you'd like to play on it. I picked up the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection but I soon realised I've zero interest in playing titles like that on a handheld, despite being a fan of the series. The same goes for a lot of the PS1 classics available for the system. Old games with often dodgy controls that handle even worse when having to re-map buttons on the Vita.

The Remote Play is a fantastic idea that struggles to perform. I have to be in the same room as my PS4 for it to work. I've heard stories of people playing theirs over WiFi from miles away but that's not been my experience. Only a handful of games have default Vita mapping. At all other times you'll have to re-configure the mapping yourself. The rear touchbad is worse than useless. It actually has a game-breaking effect when you're forced to use it.

But when Remote Play works it's something else! Previously when my girlfriend watched Big Brother I'd be sat there staring blankly at the TV. These days I'm sprawled out on the sofa, headphones on, playing Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 on my Vita!

Also, I recently began playing Persona 4 Golden which is exclusive to the Vita. Many people regard it as the definitive version of possibly the greatest JRPG of all time. It's the first JRPG I've ever gotten into so I'm on cloud nine at the moment. A whole new avenue of gaming has opened up for me. Yes, that could have happened playing a 3DS game, but I honestly feel it was the graphical heft and familiar layout of the Vita that offered me a 'way into' these games.

Anyway I'm rambling now so I better wrap up. The Vita is a fantastic little machine but depending on your taste in games the library may feel a little light. Also, Remote Play and the ability to revist older PS1 titles are great ideas in theory, but the lack of L2/R2 buttons means that Sony never really integrated all of their hardware very successfully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement