Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wonski wrote: »
    I paid around 1 euro for sending 20 earlier. Just ask everyone to send payment to "family or friends". I can do bank transfer, not sure if other players, or you are happy to do it this way, though.

I'm happy with bank transfer more than anything. I just know a lot of people prefer using PayPal so trying to make it as easy as possible for people to signup. Gonna confirm with someone else who is receiving money via PayPal and once I've the answer there I'll send the details on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I'm happy with bank transfer more than anything. I just know a lot of people prefer using PayPal so trying to make it as easy as possible for people to signup. Gonna confirm with someone else who is receiving money via PayPal and once I've the answer there I'll send the details on

Klopparama sent me money for Lemlin and no fees deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FHFC wrote: »
    Klopparama sent me money for Lemlin and no fees deducted.

Because he paid the fee himself I guess :)

Because he paid the fee himself I guess :)

Nope.

Nope.

Just checked it now. There are no fees when sending money to "family and friends" unless you use debit/credit card.

That explains it.

• Advertisement

Just checked it now. There are no fees when sending money to "family and friends" unless you use debit/credit card.

That explains it.

Thanks for the info lads, so if someone does use debit/credit card how are fees deducted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I am taking payments for both my leagues and have asked entrants to label "family & friends" when using Paypal, small charge for the entrant and nothing deducted on my end.

dahat wrote: »
    I am taking payments for both my leagues and have asked entrants to label "family & friends" when using Paypal, small charge for the entrant and nothing deducted on my end.

Ok grand, PMs going out shortly.

Thanks for the info lads, so if someone does use debit/credit card how are fees deducted?

I had to pay the fee when "send to family/friends" option was used.

If someone ticks "pay for goods etc" then the receiver is charged.

Just make sure that people don't pick the second option.

I have free online transfers and don't mind doing that this way, otherwise I don't mind paying PayPal as it is small charge. Just don't want you to be out of pocket obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

That explains it.

I didnt know this, so do you send money from your bank account as oppose to credit card?

• Advertisement

I didnt know this, so do you send money from your bank account as oppose to credit card?

You have to top up your account by making a transfer first, then you will be able to make a payment using your balance.

PMs sent out to everyone who got back to me, if everyone who expressed interest actually pays up it'll be a slightly bigger number of 15 in the league (so if anyone isn't into the extra number at least you know in advance).

Didn't want to leave anyone who expressed immediate interest out. If anyone doesn't end up joining, it will be a smaller number than 15. I won't be taking any further entries unless we end up with less than 10. I'm only taking payment for this one up until Wednesday because I'm kind of hoping to get a H2H league set up aswell after that but lets see how this one goes first.

Will send out codes to people once I've received payment.

Let us know how many you have and what the split will be if you have 15.
    I didn't want to join big ones but 15 doesn't make such a big difference anyway.

Thanks for setting this up btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harps1954

I'm doing a €20 Head to Head League if anyone interested. €250 for 1st, €100 for 2nd and €50 for 3rd. A few non-boards members will be in it too. If interested, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

PMs sent out to everyone who got back to me, if everyone who expressed interest actually pays up it'll be a slightly bigger number of 15 in the league (so if anyone isn't into the extra number at least you know in advance).

Didn't want to leave anyone who expressed immediate interest out. If anyone doesn't end up joining, it will be a smaller number than 15. I won't be taking any further entries unless we end up with less than 10. I'm only taking payment for this one up until Wednesday because I'm kind of hoping to get a H2H league set up aswell after that but lets see how this one goes first.

Will send out codes to people once I've received payment.

Payment on the way....first time taking the plunge in a pay league :eek:

Still waiting on the prize for my work league from last year....looking like it's going to be a €50 All for One voucher. Not to be sniffed at i guess but not exactly just reward for the mental acrobatics and effort I put it :D

harps1954 wrote: »
    I'm doing a €20 Head to Head League if anyone interested. €250 for 1st, €100 for 2nd and €50 for 3rd. A few non-boards members will be in it too. If interested, PM me.

Just for anyone thinking of entering this, harps1954 may be a new poster but may be better known to yous as the admin of the Finn Harps Pay league. So yer money's safe with him.

Guys, for my league, if you haven't sent me money, don't send now as I'm closing the league. Anyone who has sent me the money, can you make sure you use the code I sent you ASAP please.

Guys, for my league, if you haven't sent me money, don't send now as I'm closing the league. Anyone who has sent me the money, can you make sure you use the code I sent you ASAP please.

How many paid up?

How many paid up?
    Think its gonna be a 14 person league.
    Probably 175 for 1st, 65 for 2nd and 40 for 3rd if people are happy with that split.

Finn Harps League prize pot already over €1,000 and rising. Don't forget to get involved in Irish football's Number 1 FPL league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Goodwin Smith, the shoemakers, have a free to join league just setup, just over a dozen folk in it at the moment.
    Year's supply of shoes is the prize, though I doubt that constitutes 365 pairs!
    135079-189752

Just over 20 in it at the moment, though their tweet is only 30 mins old.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Bohs will be running a pay league...it's nearing the end of the production line and should launch shortly.

I'm not running it myself this time...just providing consultancy services and enjoying retirement!!

I'll post the link up here as soon as it becomes available.

Best of luck to the Harps league this year (I haven't forgotten our sister league!).

Bohs will be running a pay league...it's nearing the end of the production line and should launch shortly.

I'm not running it myself this time...just providing consultancy services and enjoying retirement!!

I'll post the link up here as soon as it becomes available.

Best of luck to the Harps league this year (I haven't forgotten our sister league!).

Aaaggh. Running out of league spots. Where the heck an i gonna put this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finn Harps League prize pot already over €1,000 and rising. Don't forget to get involved in Irish football's Number 1 FPL league.

Can you post the link again please

km79 wrote: »
    Can you post the link again please

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=3312

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Aaaggh. Running out of league spots. Where the heck an i gonna put this one!!

Mrs FHFC might have to develop a newfound interest in fantasy football;)

Finn Harps league heading for €2,000 prize fund.

Moolah league heading past £3,000.

Both very very competitive, decided to pass on the Harps one this year.

Both very very competitive, decided to pass on the Harps one this year.

Sacrilege!! Think of the glory of that one magical season and a double title win!! :)

Moolah will be tougher this year I reckon.

I'm doing both and skipping the boards one.

• Advertisement

Sacrilege!! Think of the glory of that one magical season and a double title win!! :)

Moolah will be tougher this year I reckon.

I'm doing both and skipping the boards one.

Skipped the Boards one also, being realistic i have a good shot at a local league each year so not overspending on others to maximise profit.

I ran two myself but not got a hope of winning either I'd say.

Advertisement