Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you booked yet 2016?

• 14-07-2016 12:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I know it's still summer.. :D

Room and flights booked for Obertauern for Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Any time after June 21st is ski season :D

Nothing booked yet, but there has been talk of the Dolomites, where I'd love to go. Have spent the last ten years' holidays in the French Alps so a change of scenery would be great.

You'll be away on December 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HeyMister

Just looking myself now for new years.
    Any early snow predictions out yet.
    Was in Scheffau last year. Got lucky, Soll one resort over was limited, and the southern slopes were a bit mucky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

cormee wrote: »
    You'll be away on December 25th?
    Yes, just another day on the piste.. They do it all on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Steve wrote: »
    Yes, just another day on the piste.. They do it all on the 24th.

Beats lying around eating a tub of Quality Street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Also beats dealing with the whole family visiting thing for two days, and cooking a turkey, and cleaning up, and turkey sandwiches... much easier to have it all waiting for you when you get in from skiing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Booked! Soll for a long weekend in January.

15 th year going and have been all over-Andorra,Zell am see, Meribel etc but just wanted a basic cheap trip ,back to basics with Soll.
    This is due to people getting married,newborns etc so the girl scant make it but we are not too bothered cos theres 8 lads going.planning on going balls out,hitting the snow at first lift and leaving the mountain at last lift.On the p1ss all night and up again ,repeat x 3 days.
    Will be shattered after the few days but may not make it next year with a little one on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

davmol wrote: »
    Booked! Soll for a long weekend in January.

15 th year going and have been all over-Andorra,Zell am see, Meribel etc but just wanted a basic cheap trip ,back to basics with Soll.
    This is due to people getting married,newborns etc so the girl scant make it but we are not too bothered cos theres 8 lads going.planning on going balls out,hitting the snow at first lift and leaving the mountain at last lift.On the p1ss all night and up again ,repeat x 3 days.
    Will be shattered after the few days but may not make it next year with a little one on the way.

Sounds like a great holiday!

That's the plan anyway,some of us are in late 30's so after 2 days we will probably hit a wall and be in bed by 7pm.

That's the plan anyway,some of us are in late 30's so after 2 days we will probably hit a wall and be in bed by 7pm.

Oh to be in my late 30s again :pac:

Wait another 10 years and ti'll be ski a bit, gluhwein, ski a bit, beer, ski a bit, schnapps... no less fun! :D

Booked two short trips, La Tania in December and La Thuile in February.
    71 days....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭prunudo

Nothing yet but I fear that it might be only the 2nd time in 11 years that it will be a snow less winter for me :(

Steve wrote: »

Oh to be in my late 30s again :pac:

Wait another 10 years and ti'll be ski a bit, gluhwein, ski a bit, beer, ski a bit, schnapps... no less fun! :D
    If im doing that in 10 years time my life will have been an outright success.

Have to say ,ive been put to shame on some holidays,ive seen gangs of Austrian/german men will into their 50s ski all day and then hit the bars at 5pm and not leave til midnight.Grant it they may have been there for a few days so went all out but still great to see people really enjoying it into their older(just slightly older) years.

jvan wrote: »
    Nothing yet but I fear that it might be only the 2nd time in 11 years that it will be a snow less winter for me :(

Don't let that momentum build.We started off 15 years ago with a very large group and those that let a year or 2 ski-less seasons were the ones who were stopped by their partners/lives.the ones who kept it up consistently still go every year.

Don't let that momentum build.We started off 15 years ago with a very large group and those that let a year or 2 ski-less seasons were the ones who were stopped by their partners/lives.the ones who kept it up consistently still go every year.

Oh believe me, I will be doing everything possible to go. But like you, 11 years ago there was a group of about 24 (too big) the first 2-3 years, then dropped off to about 10-12 but the last couple years it's only been about 6. This year struggling to get any interest out of anyone.
    Still early but I may look at alternatives if the rest of the lads bail out.

If you are stuck for friends to go with just ask everyone you know!
    I've ended up skiing with all sorts of random people from work and others that I didn't know well, it really doesn't matter as long as they like to ski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Going to Arabba on the Sella Ronda with 100 people I've never met before, :eek:
    The admin people on the Snowheads forum organize several holidays a year, and their big one is to the Dolomites, which has been on my wish list for a long time. Booked the flights for €150, and HB through Snowheads for €700.
    Both excited and a little nervous as to how things will go, either way will do a review when I get back.

Sounds great.Im sure there will be solo skiers too you can hook up with aswell as other groups.

A friend of mine went with 98Fm ,I think it was, and there was a huge group.He said it was one one of the best ski hols he had and met a lot of people who just loved to ski.

I think when you are in a position likethat it pushes you hook up with others as opposed to going with your own group.Has its advantages id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Children grown up and moved out this year :) so we've got 2 weeks in the three valleys, first week catered chalet in courchevel not sure what to do the second week, thinking of booking ucpa in val thorens 'intro in off piste' or another week in either couchevel or le praz.
    Then a week with the before mentioned children with their partners in Bansko.
    Not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Sounds great.Im sure there will be solo skiers too you can hook up with aswell as other groups.

A friend of mine went with 98Fm ,I think it was, and there was a huge group.He said it was one one of the best ski hols he had and met a lot of people who just loved to ski.

I think when you are in a position likethat it pushes you hook up with others as opposed to going with your own group.Has its advantages id say.

I've been doing these type of holidays for some years now, usually with the Ski club and the Ski centre, but they are both off the Kitz/skiwelt area which would not be my first choice. Snowheads have a separate trip to livigno for beginners, so the Arabba trip is geared towards intermediate/advanced skiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

d2ww wrote: »
    Going to Arabba on the Sella Ronda with 100 people I've never met before, :eek:
    The admin people on the Snowheads forum organize several holidays a year, and their big one is to the Dolomites, which has been on my wish list for a long time. Booked the flights for €150, and HB through Snowheads for €700.
    Both excited and a little nervous as to how things will go, either way will do a review when I get back.

I did the end of season bash with them this year in VT and had a great time, went by myself and had no problems finding ski buddies every day plus the evenings were great for a bit of social interaction! Would definitely recommend for a solo skier. Unfortunately due to dates, probably won't make a Snowheads trip in 2017 but will look to join one or two in 2018. Really want to ski in the Dolomites also.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »

Finally have something sorted, only a long weekend but still glad to be heading away :D

Advertisement