Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gift ideas for my Teacher girlfriend?

• 11-07-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend’s birthday is coming up soon, and I was wondering if anyone had any gift ideas for a reasonably newly qualified teacher? (Teaching one year, primary)

She loves stationary, resources, books, tools etc. Anything she can use or have fun with in the classroom.

Budget is flexible, from pencil to printer.

Any ideas? Open to all suggestions.

Before I get hounded, yes, I already have non teacher related gifts purchased!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can buy these little rubber stamp sets that stamp nice comments for copies. Saves the hand.

This sort of thing.

I think Eason's might have some. They certainly did a few years ago.

Never underestimate the power of the cheapo gold star. I used to have big beardy lads asking why they didn't get one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

If she doesn't have a laminator it could come in very handy, a glue gun is great for art and crafts or if she teaches infants an electric pencil sharpener for wide and thin pencils. My boyfriend, now husband, really impressed me by buying me one of these after seeing my sore hands from sharpening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

A date stamp. Very very useful to speed up corrections.
    I have a lovely stamp that says "Miss Heldel says great work". Cousin got it for me years ago. Was part of the reason i didn't change my name at school after I got married!
    My husband buys me a lovely pen at the start of each year. Nothing expensive, just a pen that writes very well. Nice little tradition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Laminators are in Lidl at the minute. They do great laminating pouches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

My wife got me a really good quality whistle and got my name engraved on each side. I love it, reminds me of her every day I'm stuck on yard breaking up fights!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

If she loves stationary as much as I do, an Erin Condren teacher planner is the holy grail!! Pricey though and a complete waste of money to most teachers. If she's the type to get really excited by a trip to the stationary aisle in Tesco or can't walk past a Mr Price, then she'll probably love it. They are shipped from America though so you have to factor in shipping costs and customs also.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Oh and I second the suggestion to get a personalised stamper. I have one that says Ms ____ says Great Work and I love it. http://www.superstickers.com/ do them as well as personalised stickers. Or just a sticker pack in general is a good bet. My stamper is from http://www.makeyourmarkstamps.co.uk/ and is excellent quality as the ink pad is replaceable. Shipped from England somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Some of these ideas are fantastic! Great post OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Self inking personal stampers are fantastic. Coloured pens are my best friend. I love the pirong planners from the uk but I'm secondary so they may not be as good for primary. Funky coloured paper and cards. Posters for the classroom if she's lucky enough to get her own.

One of my big indulgences is a bluetooth sound bar for my classroom. It has been the best 50e I have ever spent. My laptop and ipad both have bluetooth and its sooooo handy both for my music classes but also for everything else. Background music for group work? Check. Youtube video volume? Check etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Cool stampers... I like the idea for my recently qualified daughter.

Would there be an Irish link for an Irish company doing the stamps?? Above are UK links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Masala wrote: »
    Cool stampers... I like the idea for my recently qualified daughter.

Would there be an Irish link for an Irish company doing the stamps?? Above are UK links

Fagan's in Mullingar do them:

http://www.fos.ie/storefront/evolution_ProductResults.html?strSearch=Stampers

I think most office suppy shops do them.

Advertisement