Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Na Móna Equipment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

We were there-the fords made around 3k each on average.low hours but they were rough. You wouldn't be too confident in what you were getting. There was a fiat we were interested in but it was 7400 with no injectors. Went too price 28% with VAT and agents commission. There were some bargains on other stuff if you lived close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

L1985 wrote:
    We were there-the fords made around 3k each on average.low hours but they were rough. You wouldn't be too confident in what you were getting. There was a fiat we were interested in but it was 7400 with no injectors. Went too price 28% with VAT and agents commission. There were some bargains on other stuff if you lived close enough.

Was that including com and vat L1985, they were all missing key parts which wouldn't fill ye with confidence!

No, the commission and tax was 23% and 5%on top. I'm not too upset over not getting it-too much of a gamble. They were fairly badly used. The worst part was 2 hours of wheels being auctioned. Can't say I found it that riveting!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

L1985 wrote: »
    what type fiat was she? who was buying most of the rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

How much did the 4610 backend and cab make???

• Advertisement

I wrote them all down but left it in the car.ill check tomorrow and come back to ye.Your talking to the wrong girl if you expect me to remember what type of tractor is what!!!we missed the larger tractors but I'll let you know what the other ones are.

Can give you the lot number if that helps????

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

does anybody know what the 1995 fiat 160-90 made ? lot no. 487

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Are Bord na Mona still using any Fiats or have they all retired? Did they ever have Masseys?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Are Bord na Mona still using any Fiats or have they all retired? Did they ever have Masseys?

They used to have a fleet of 135s with a track instead of a back wheel. I heard they buried them all.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

I was gone for lot number 487.we skipped the big tractors. They do use massy there was one Massey tractor there for sale but she was very light. Wasn't too bad though.Regarding the 4610-there were a lot of them-I have the prices wrote down if you have the lot number?

Lot 381 please??

L1985 wrote:
    I was gone for lot number 487.we skipped the big tractors. They do use massy there was one Massey tractor there for sale but she was very light. Wasn't too bad though.Regarding the 4610-there were a lot of them-I have the prices wrote down if you have the lot number?

Sorry no lot nos l but wondering what the fiats made in general??

Lot 381 made €2350. The fords in general made between1700 and4800. Average was around 3200 mark.

Sorry just reread that. We only saw one fiat new Holland auctioned the red one 1998. That made 7400. The other fiats were too big for us so we left.

Jasus that seems like mad money for a cab and backend

Yeah two guys took it on. Mad thing was the first one went for 1800 and that one you could probably get to working order! You really needed to examine those tractors properly to see what you were getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Redriddick wrote:
    Jasus that seems like mad money for a cab and backend

I was there to see it selling and at the time I though it was a complete rob, and I still think it is.

Commission is a bit steep too.

kevthegaff wrote:
    Commission is a bit steep too.

How much is it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jimbob09

thadg wrote: »
    does anybody know what the 1995 fiat 160-90 made ? lot no. 487

She made €6800 plus commission and vat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭White Clover

Them tractors were a rob. Rough 4610's made over 3K. Clapped out battered rusty fiats making 6or 7k. All plus vat and commission.
    They'd be dear if they made half what they did!

Them tractors were a rob. Rough 4610's made over 3K. Clapped out battered rusty fiats making 6or 7k. All plus vat and commission.

I'd agree with you on that one white clover. I stayed there like a clown until the end to see all the tractors/plant. The fiat/new holland L65 at 7400 plus all fees was as dear a tractor as I've seen in a long time. It's not like an L65 would be a major seller and have a good one of them let alone that one. And the MF 3645 I'd rate no better at 6500 as not a major seller either and have a good one of them. As the saying goes "expect the unexpected " at auctions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'd say the second bidders went home happier then the winning bidders.......

I was really only interested in the cab and was bidding online but didn't catch what it went for

jimbob09 wrote:
    I'd agree with you on that one white clover. I stayed there like a clown until the end to see all the tractors/plant. The fiat/new holland L65 at 7400 plus all fees was as dear a tractor as I've seen in a long time. It's not like an L65 would be a major seller and have a good one of them let alone that one. And the MF 3645 I'd rate no better at 6500 as not a major seller either and have a good one of them. As the saying goes "expect the unexpected " at auctions!!!

What did those truck trailers make on the left as you walk into the yard??

What did those truck trailers make on the left as you walk into the yard??

Both sold for about €4000 each plus commission and vat

Was shocked myself at condition of machines, thought the fords looked a bit better but I never even hopped into any of them. Anyways bought a fiat privately since, was able to drive it and check it out properly

Was shocked myself at condition of machines, thought the fords looked a bit better but I never even hopped into any of them. Anyways bought a fiat privately since, was able to drive it and check it out properly

• Advertisement

We were there for 20 mins and left for home straight away

Advertisement