Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

It's a nightmare. I've been offered a temporary promotion in work. I can't step down to my old position st the end of it. If I knew what was happening with this I'd at least be able to make an informed decision.
    Just my luck really haha

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Yea I hear ya! I definitely think if we are to be called it will be end of July.

Hate to put this out there but anyone ideas as to when Dear Johns go out?
    Would love to be put out of the misery of waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

keep the faith sidelined....

1405 were doing medicals up to 30th June so plenty time left yet......i know its mental torment but keep the head up until at least end of July!!!! Like everyone its so difficult to plan ahead (holidays, job etc) but Ive a good feeling on this one!!!!

Ah nerves, you're always so positive. I genuinely hope our paths cross at some point. You seem like one of the best of people.

You're right, I should be staying positive. At least I know I'm making my two best friends weddings in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I got a PCA invite for this campaign but I have withdrawn from it. So those still waiting for the call from this campaign, it looks positive.

Thanks for the update Goonerdee...they must be mixing 1405 and 1509 if you only got PCA invite now....mind me asking why you have withdrawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

i was struggling with a health issue when I withdrew, hoping it would be cleared by the time the 1509 PCA invites would be sent, which it hasn't, so bricking it.

Sorry hear that!! keep yourself well - the PCA is passable for everyone..we all panic in advance but its a lot easier than perceived to be...we all stress about each stage but straight forward then!!! best luck in 1509

Thanks for the update Goonerdee.
    Sorry to hear about the PCA struggle. I done mine on an injury and honestly it put my recovery back more than I ever thought it could so wouldn't recommend it. So good call and best of luck for C3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

Sooooooooo anyone want to hazard a guess as to what's going to happen to us now then? Anyone want to make me feel better about myself and reassure me everything's going to be ok? Pretty please? Lol! So near but yet so far it still seems. What date did we think the next batch of phone calls would start for 1405....if at all.
    any news or positive feedback greatly appreciated.

Calls going by the usual 5/6 week mark were due to start last Tuesday no idea what is going on!

ah coolhand, welcome to the club of mental torture :) the "wait" is definitely the biggest mental challenge, but if your fit for this, your fit for the job, im sure!

There appears to be a good 1405 crowd (both on boards.ie and not on boards) waiting for the call....but its only a good thing when you hear nothing...

Im still bagging on a September intake so its got to be a August call...if i start to hear 1509 calls going out, il give in...but in the meantime, staying positive, keeping in shape and reading over past board posts for all advice i call get to keep the mind going!! Day time is dreadful just waiting to see a private number, but either way, I know if this role is meant for me, it wont pass me by!!!

Worst thing is not being able to organise holidays etc waiting to know, but keep the faith :)

Yes indeed "why have you not booked flights for his stag yet"
    "you ever going to book to visit your bro (who lives abroad)"
    "You ok? Your head seems elsewhere"
    All questions I hear on a daily basis...
    I am now in the "questionably content" stage nerves2016 if that makes sense. I have done EVERYTHING possible to get here. And nows the part I can't influence....a contentment has come over me. There WILL be tougher days ahead ifor I get my dream job. If anything, this stress is preparing me for it.
    Mondays have actually become alot easier thinking it could be my 7th or 6th or 5th last in my current employment.
    Just good having the comfort of you lot. We will get there. I never believed in fate.....I was always the skeptical believer in hard work prevails, now I do kind of take comfort in "if it's for you it won't pass you"
    If anyone has taken time to read my mindless drivel, God help you lol!

haha - your comments/questions are nearly identical to my own situation..actually!!! In factor your entire post sums up my feelings!!!!!

Keep the optimism......as with everyday when i go to sleep, i think maybe tomorrow is the day :)

With there not being a sept intake do you think 1405 campaign could expire?

Is that official now? And if so would that mean any potential hopefuls have lost out because of a cheating scandal?

Surely they will provide some feedback before then.........this news just took the wind out off me!!!

Days wasted with Vetting, month wasted with online learning, day wasted for PCA training (not to mention personal time training), then the stress of a medical..and weeks of stressing and anxiety..hard to believe they would waste so much our time and their own!

Really is another twist in the tale!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Psni26 wrote: »
    With there not being a sept intake do you think 1405 campaign could expire?
    I volunteer you to ask them, Psni26 :) Phone 101 and ask for Police Officer Recruitment and they will put you through.

I have contacted them before about the expiry of 1405 and all they said was that at that point in time it's still running. I don't think they can tell for the forseeable. I'm so gutted!

• Advertisement

In reading past posts, sometimes recruitment don't know what's happening fully until last minute!! So lets hold out and see whats in store...

Although gutted initially, got to remain positive that there are good number of 1405ers out there, and none of us have gotten rejection letters! So don't be going mad booking holidays yet, even tho, I think we could all be doing with one :)

To add to my little rant, if the 1405 campaign is finished, its shocking that recruitment only tell people who call them...It would suit them better to call people on the merit list and put them out of there misery so they can get back to living their lifes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 waiting2016

Anyone else from the 1405 campaign had any news yet?

The last I heard was I passed my medical BUT this was the end of June!! I haven't had any word on substance misuse test either...

Are some people getting AC scores as a percentage because i certainly haven't got this?

Anyone else in the same boat? Going mad with all the waiting for news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

The last I heard was I passed my medical BUT this was the end of June!! I haven't had any word on substance misuse test either...

Are some people getting AC scores as a percentage because i certainly haven't got this?

Did you try and ring them? The Smt should be back by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Did you try and ring them? The Smt should be back by now

@ Waiting2016 - No real update other than the various rumours floating around on here...No news seems to be good news when it comes to SMT/vetting but we (1405 gang) are all getting very anxious indeed..

Read back over historic posts and stay positive!!! Lots of support on here, either way

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

It's been quiet in here. What do you think? Still a chance for a call for 1405?

Yea we do I just think it's it will be later again than we thought I think out calls, plus they have delayed the new campaign and we have had no dear johns. Just think we need to hang in there another month and we will be grand!

*oct calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

It ain't over til the rotund female sings!

Could there be a combined 1405/1509 squad? Or maybe 1405/Airport?

Advertisement