Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fee-free withdrawals from Paddy Power

• 27-06-2016 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I opened a Paddy Power account last week, lodged €50 to the account, put €30 on Wales to win and now have €80 so want to withdraw the lot without fees.

Am I limited to withdrawing back to the credit card, or can I add my Paypal account? From what I know I cannot add Paypal unless my account balance is 0.

Alternatively can I go a nearby shop to withdraw the lot?

I want to avoid fees, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Their website has all the answers.

Dont be too surprised if you ll have to go through their KYC (know your customer) procedures as well.
    If it was a 1 time only thing, you probably best of goign to a shop and try/ask their

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

inforfun wrote: »
    Their website has all the answers.

That was my first step, though I couldn't find details about using a Paypal account after initially topping up using credit card, I just wanted clarification from those in the know.

I see they mention there might be fees charged by the bank if I refund to credit card, anyone experienced that?

So withdrawing from the shop, what details do I need to bring with me? Driving licence sufficient?

Some sort of official id might be handy indeed.
    In case they ask for it, you better have it on you.

cheers, I assume people on this forum withdraw from Paddy Power all the time (if they're good at winning that is!). Do the majority just credit back their credit cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭.red.

mrcheez wrote: »
    cheers, I assume people on this forum withdraw from Paddy Power all the time (if they're good at winning that is!). Do the majority just credit back their credit cards?

I have my visa debit card linked to it. Its just my card off my everyday account. Dont do a lot of betting but ive never been charged anything for withdrawing.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have never even set foot in a shop.

Debit card linked with 2 bookies, skrill account was used for another that stopped trading.

Credit cards are usually a bit of an hassle. Well, more hassle than debit cards

inforfun wrote: »
    Credit cards are usually a bit of an hassle. Well, more hassle than debit cards

Benefit for me is the security of the credit card as with a debit card if the money's taken out by unauthorised persons it's gone with little comeback.

Anyway I'll check with the shop, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

You can also get what's called a "cash card". This is free in the branch, and tied into your pp account and you can use it to withdraw cash from your account in any store. Just call up, give them the number on the back, your account details. then go into the branch and they activate it and set up your pin number. The reason they use this method too, is banks etc if they see gambling / betting transactions on your account it can affect you getting a mortgage, etc. So for putting in cash just call into any branch and write your account on a docket and how much you want to put in. And no, I don't work for PP!

JIdontknow wrote: »
    You can also get what's called a "cash card". This is free in the branch, and tied into your pp account and you can use it to withdraw cash from your account in any store. Just call up, give them the number on the back, your account details. then go into the branch and they activate it and set up your pin number. The reason they use this method too, is banks etc if they see gambling / betting transactions on your account it can affect you getting a mortgage, etc. So for putting in cash just call into any branch and write your account on a docket and how much you want to put in. And no, I don't work for PP!

ah I've already got the mortgage, need PP to help pay for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don't know if it's changed but back when I had a mastercard, they wouldn't allow you to withdraw onto that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Who's now a CEO of PaddyPower since Andy McCue left in April?

Doodleking wrote: »
    Who's now a CEO of PaddyPower since Andy McCue left in April?

What's this got to do with fee-free withdrawals :confused:

Nothing to see here.....

MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement