Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Riordens

Options
  • 30-01-2016 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes!
    My mother is going demented, can anyone help settle her brain or she's going to end up going up to rte for answers!
    In the Riordens there was a character called Eamon Maher, she's absolutely convinced his nickname was "Scobie/Scoby", but no one in the pub tonight believed her and think she's cracking up.
    Would anyone have an answer if this was his nickname? For the sake of my mothers sanity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

I think your mother is right, that sounds familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He was the traveller character and his wifes name was Eileen in the show. He was played by the actor Joe Pilkinton. Can't remember him being called anthing other than Eamonn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think Benjy used to refer to him as Scobie when talking to him, not sure.
    A sort of term of endearment.

Advertisement