Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Support Staff

• 13-11-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Did anyone attend an interview for the above job? If so how long were you waiting for your interview results?

Thanks

Tommy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Denise2012

I attended one but it was only today so I'm not much help to you! How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭scullersky

Denise2012 wrote: »
    I attended one but it was only today so I'm not much help to you! How did you find it?

I only did mine yesterday! I must say it was really tough! How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ellen64

Going for interview tomorrow.

Any surprise questions?

Ellen64 wrote: »
    Going for interview tomorrow.

Any surprise questions?

Hey!

No there really isnt! However its a really tough interview and its very specific!! Read through the interview booklet you got because what it says in this is spot on, just practice as much as you can as it will definatly benifit you :-)

Tommy

I agree with the above post it was very like what the booklet said. They spent lots of time asking about my examples of the differant skills and questioned my examples inside out. It's full on but if you know your examples of the skills you should be ok

• Advertisement

Cheers for that, back to study for the night!

Best of luck with it. If you don't mind me asking what geographical area are you going for?

Thanks! Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi just wondering what positions were ye interviewed for, support staff is very broad. Was anybody in Tipperary area called for these interviews. Thanks

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what positions were ye interviewed for, support staff is very broad. Was anybody in Tipperary area called for these interviews. Thanks

I was the cork area aswell. The jobs were support staff but differant area such as porter, care taker, household attendant, multi-task attendant, care assistant and healthcare assistant. These were the specific ones listed on the interview booklet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 splitz

I've been on a panel since October 2012. I was notified about a couple of posts that didn't appeal, and a few more in other parts of the country (Dublin & Clare), but not a dickie bird since!! Why bother going to the expense of interviewing so many people (and there really were loads) when they don't have any vacancies!

I'm regretting not putting my name forward for the earlier posts now; I didn't know then that the HSE favour 'redeployment' before recruitment. Does this mean once you're in the system you can apply for a transfer? (That's if there's a vacancy somewhere you'd rather be?)

Does anyone know what is going on? Will there be any more jobs coming up? I'm in the West and thought it was just this area, but a friend in Cork hasn't had ONE notification.

I'm in cork and haven't heard anything since getting on the panel. Hopefully something will come up soon. If there was jobs available in other parts of the country hopefully something will come up in cork but with so many on the panel it will be hard to get anythingid say! Be great to be number 1 or 2 on the panel might have some hope then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whitel01

im at the same. in cork and on the panel but nothing yet. i did email them about a week ago and they replied saying no posts had arisen yet....waiting game i reckon.

Hopefully the wait won't be too long! I wonder did anyone get anything from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 splitz

In reply to your post Denise2012, you can safely assume there have been no appointments, as everyone on the panel gets notified.

I wouldn't worry too much about being highly placed or not; people placed above you might not be interested in the post (too far to travel etc.), so as you say, just gotta hang in there!

I didn't realise everyone gets notified if a position arises I just presumed the next few on the panel get notified! I don't feel as bad now lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hotbutch

Hi I just received a letter that i am on the Panel in the 20s mark for the hse for domestic staff for next two years, I was disappointed at first but then learnt over 180 people were interviewed for the jobs. Just wondering does anyone know do you think i will be waiting for long to receive a position if i am in the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 phil2

Hey!

No there really isnt! However its a really tough interview and its very specific!! Read through the interview booklet you got because what it says in this is spot on, just practice as much as you can as it will definatly benifit you :-)

Tommy
    just wondering r u on d panel and what your order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 2 phil2

support staff hse anyone on the panel and what order of merit thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

phil2 wrote: »
    support staff hse anyone on the panel and what order of merit thanks

Hi Phil

I came on here looking for info on the same. I got a letter from the HSE this morning saying I was placed at number 1 on the panel for north Dublin.

Just have to wait and see what happens now i suppose.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 maj206

hi there,
    i know it was 2 years ago you had your interview but how did you get on? i have one next week and i'm really nervous as i would love to get this job and am worried i might let the nerves get the better of me and ruin my chances! i am not that good at blowing my own trumpet so to speak and am finding it hard to think of previous situations and examples that i know they will be looking for! also does anyone else out there think i should or should not mention at any stage in the interview that my brother and sister both work for the hse already?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Italybound

Hi guys I just received my letter yesterday and have been placed at no. 16 on panel for general support staff, so was wondering same myself, anybody have any update for me? Hopefully all of you are now positioned in lovely jobs!!! Looking for feedback on the waiting game! Hopefully I'll get some posts emails soon but as being no. 16 I could be waiting awhile!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soley

Hi

I have a job interview next week and I am wondering were is the best place to get all the relevant information I will need in order to prepare for this??

Thank you

soley wrote: »
    Hi

I have a job interview next week and I am wondering were is the best place to get all the relevant information I will need in order to prepare for this??

Thank you

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lennimc

Hi
    I have an interview next week for an intellectual disability care assistant with the hse, although I have the booklet they have provided for help with the interview I am at s loss of what examples would be appropriate to use; I currently work as a hca in a nursing home and have years of experience it's just the examples of skills , can anyone help me with this who has sat the interview, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lennimc

antoswords wrote: »
    Hi Phil

I came on here looking for info on the same. I got a letter from the HSE this morning saying I was placed at number 1 on the panel for north Dublin.

Just have to wait and see what happens now i suppose.

Good luck[/quote

Hi
    You must have had a very successful interview to be placed 1 ,
    What examples did you use to demonstrate the skills at the interview, I'm at a loss as to wether I'm on the right track with what I'm thinking of using. Any help would be so appreciated, I have an interview for ID, care assistant next week

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sunray045

hi I'm doing hse interview for home help and wondering what skill examples to use. I currently work as a HCA in community through agency. any tips greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mirienb

Hi please how did your interview with hse go.

Do you mind sharing with me the type of questions that are being asked and any tips.

Thanks in Advance.

Advertisement