Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June&july calls/august intake

• 01-07-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Thought we should start this thread to get familiar and share and questions.
    It's been a long wait but we are finally there!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 takemeaway2

Glad to see more calls going out today! Roll on induction weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Can't believe it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Think I'm in shock lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

Call came yesterday! Still hasn't sunk in yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Has been a long wait. I can't wait!
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pcplod16

Its going to be an interesting few months cant wait to get stuck in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Birchwood11

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cbross1

Got my call yesterday too. Still buzzing and can't believe how quickly the last few stages are going niw!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Hey guys congrats on the call. I say you are all over the moon.'
    Just one question, were you from the 1405 campaign ? Doing my medical in a couple of weeks time for the 1509 campaign. Would love to get the phonecall whenever it may be. Would take a while to sink in I say. Congrats once again

mkelly123 wrote: »
    Hey guys congrats on the call. I say you are all over the moon.'
    Just one question, were you from the 1405 campaign ? Doing my medical in a couple of weeks time for the 1509 campaign. Would love to get the phonecall whenever it may be. Would take a while to sink in I say. Congrats once again

Hey yes 1405 campaign.

Just wondering how many p.e. Classes we do a week? Really looking looking forward to that aspect. Do a couple of classes a week at the mo and the odd run but looking forward to getting fitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Anyone know if I don't get a call this week would that be the last intake for 1405?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

PE three times a week, most of it self certified. Supervised lessons are a fair standard

Anyone get their pack in the post yet? I'm dying to see what's inside.

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Anyone get their pack in the post yet? I'm dying to see what's inside.
    Yeah I have mine,isn't anything interesting in it to be honest.few forms separate and a form that needs brought on start date

Any ladies heading to gv what are your plans to wear over the weekend? A dress? Trouser suit? Skirt? First impressions and all that lol

Pcplod16 wrote: »
    Any ladies heading to gv what are your plans to wear over the weekend? A dress? Trouser suit? Skirt? First impressions and all that lol

Not entirely sure! I have a suit dress thing I might wear on the Sat and probably a dress on the Sunday that I would usually wear in the office.

I saw a lovely pair of cropped work type trousers i liked but wasnt sure if that was the right kind of look to be going for lol

I still haven't got my induction information. Anyone else in the same boat?

I saw a lovely pair of cropped work type trousers i liked but wasnt sure if that was the right kind of look to be going for lol

Guys have it easy they just throw on a suit! I think anything we would wear in like an office situation would be fine, just smart rather than jeans etc.

I have that suit dress but I feel like it looks abit full on! Like I'm playing dress up in my mums suit! So I usually just wear a dress to interviews and things.

Is there a curfew at Garneville when we are there the 4 weeks? I know we won't have a whole lot of time but I take it we can go out in the evenings? Silly question maybe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

Is there a curfew at Garneville when we are there the 4 weeks? I know we won't have a whole lot of time but I take it we can go out in the evenings? Silly question maybe!

10 or 11pm i think it is

Guys have it easy they just throw on a suit! I think anything we would wear in like an office situation would be fine, just smart rather than jeans etc.

I have that suit dress but I feel like it looks abit full on! Like I'm playing dress up in my mums suit! So I usually just wear a dress to interviews and things.
    My treetrunk legs dont usually suit dresses so i went back and got those trousers i seen lol if it only it was a case of putting on a suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

Random question!! I have curly, frizzy hair and I'm very worried about how I'm going to tame it when going on parade! Has anyone any ideas or suggestions? I read somewhere to buy a bun from eBay, going to go for a wee search now! Any other suggestions?!

Ive the same worry as i dont think my hair is long enough yet to put it into a neat bun i think hair spray and clips shall be our best friend lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Regarding the docs we need to bring to the induction. If anyone is having any issues finding their birth certificate, you can get a new one delivered next day if you place the order before 12pm the day before. Think it works out at about 26 for a full birth cert & delivery. If you haven't started looking for your cert yet, I'd recommend you do it now in case you need a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Regarding informing HR about car registrations for the induction. Is that for our own cars or is it if we're travelling in someone elses etc if we decide to bring someone along?

BigTasty wrote: »
    Regarding informing HR about car registrations for the induction. Is that for our own cars or is it if we're travelling in someone elses etc if we decide to bring someone along?
    Iv just rang and registered mine an hour ago,and advised I wasn't bringing anyone to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

BigTasty wrote: »

What ever car you are travelling in!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Where does it mention about registering your car?!

• Advertisement

Where does it mention about registering your car?!
    On the letter that has the documents you need to bring listed,is directly above the list.

Advertisement