Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

1151617181921»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't played this game in months(multiplayer) as I only get a chance at weekends and the internet is really bad where I live so I let the xbox download all last night got up today all set to play and another 12GB download, f ck sake like. It will take me all weekend to download that so it won't be until next weekend before I get to play again.

This generation xbox have update files as large as the original game files.

Would be the same on PC or PS4 these days too. It sucks for folks living in the countryide or outside of the cities in general, I'm well familiar with it myself having gamed on 1mb and then 3mb connection for years (Hell I even played on 56k at one stage). I'm on 15mb now and it feels like the bees knees even though it's pretty rubbish by modern standards. It's only going to get worse from here on out too as games get bigger and bigger, sad reality is a lot of this country is still about ten years behind in term of internet speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I haven't played this game in months(multiplayer) as I only get a chance at weekends and the internet is really bad where I live so I let the xbox download all last night got up today all set to play and another 12GB download, f ck sake like. It will take me all weekend to download that so it won't be until next weekend before I get to play again.

This generation xbox have update files as large as the original game files.

If you have the option to leave your console set to instant on, it'll download these updates even when you're not using the console. Also , halo 5 releases free dlc on almost a regular monthly schedule, you you were probably unfortunate enough to have to pull a few down at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thanks lads. I left it on downloading all night and got up this morning and was able to get a few games in. I'm not very good still trying to learn the maps and stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Memories of Reach DLC went live yesterday, there's infection mode and a new Arena map plus loads of the reach armour in REQ packs. I saw someone wearing the Emile one and I was tempted to buy the REQ bundle, only tempted though :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

downloaded an updated yesterday and now i cant play online for some reason says im an unauthorised user, same issue on the MCC since the update

• Advertisement

downloaded an updated yesterday and now i cant play online for some reason says im an unauthorised user, same issue on the MCC since the update

Did it work since? Might just have been an issue with Live?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

got it sorted, but spent the weekend without access to live and the wife and kids were away :mad::(

Got through a bunch of the spartan ops though, so not all bad

had 6 dollars in my US account and in a moment of madness decided to buy a few silver req packs.

I might just have been lucky, but I got a corpsemaker (gravity hammer variant) and Banshee certification. It also seemed to give a lot more consumable req cards than a silver you buy with 5000 RP.

I dont know what tweaks they've made to matchmaking, but the game is buttery smooth to me now. Its by far my 'go-to' shooter now, I've over 100 hours logged in arena / warzone, which is a lot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

This is all I play now to be honest.
    I love Warzone and Arena is always great to mix it up.

add me should you wish, Im usually on a bit in the evenings.

Dowdus Maximus

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    This is all I play now to be honest.
    I love Warzone and Arena is always great to mix it up.

add me should you wish, Im usually on a bit in the evenings.

Dowdus Maximus

Added you there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have the seasons not reset this month?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have the seasons not reset this month?

Was asking the same om reddit and apparently they're trying out two month seasons now. Kind of annoying tbh, always look forward to the placement matches each month.

I was going to complain about how I preferred monthly seasons but I just reached platinum level so the change is alright by me.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was asking the same om reddit and apparently they're trying out two month seasons now. Kind of annoying tbh, always look forward to the placement matches each month.

The placement matches made no sense to me, win 9 games straight with a positive K/D - looks like its bronze 2 for you Sonny Jim.

Rockets playlist how I've missed thee.

Think I jinxed this, have only gotten one game all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Am I missing something, or why when I try to play Big Team Battle it is playing the same maps over and over? Generic, bland industrial type maps with almost no vehicles. I'm really eager to get games of the open maps, similar to those in Halo 4 and Reach - with tanks/mantis/banshee, but I simply can't get any. Same with Team Slayer - it's recycling the same maps over and over and mostly the same gamemode as well, can't remember the name but a king of the hill type.

I'm trying to get back into Guardians after hating it at launch and shelving it after a week, but I'm still finding it just....not really Halo.

Advertisement