Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bogballe L1 Spinner

• 03-07-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

upgrading the current spreader as its well past its sell by date.
    any opinions on the bogballe Ll 1 a few on donedeal that look clean enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

Dozer1 wrote: »

Have l1 plus it's a good spreader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I have one as well.

On the plus side, a good, simple to use spreader.

On the minus side, the plastic inserts at the two rear corners are liable to be pushed in by cattle scratching off them so don't let the spreader where cattle can get at it.

The bolts around the bottom, including those inside holding the sieves down, are liable to become loose over time so keep an eye on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tail painter

I had one of them a few years ago. They are a very accurate spreader and easy to set. There were a couple of issues though. The shutter setting is at the front so you have to climb between the spreader and the back wheel to change settings, usually when the wheels are covered in sh*te. The other issue was the border spreading setting. You have to reverse the gearbox from the back of the spreader, unless it has a cab mounted lever for doing so. It was a pain having to get out and reverse the lever, then change back after the first round, especially in paddocks. I have an amazone now and don't have these issues. No problems setting it either because we use the phone app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I had one of them a few years ago. They are a very accurate spreader and easy to set. There were a couple of issues though. The shutter setting is at the front so you have to climb between the spreader and the back wheel to change settings, usually when the wheels are covered in sh*te. The other issue was the border spreading setting. You have to reverse the gearbox from the back of the spreader, unless it has a cab mounted lever for doing so. It was a pain having to get out and reverse the lever, then change back after the first round, especially in paddocks. I have an amazone now and don't have these issues. No problems setting it either because we use the phone app.
    How does the Amazone border spreader work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Dozer1

cheers lads, I think it should be fine for what I need, anxious to get away from the 50Kg bags to save my back, as long as its not a rust bucket it'll be a step up from the current 5 bags spreader I had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tail painter

How does the Amazone border spreader work?

For border spreading on grassland with the Amazone, we simply drive close to the border with the outer disc closed. You are then spreading on one side of the spreader with some going directly behind. You cant do that on a bogballe or a Lely/Tulip because both discs spread across the full width with a big overlap. That's what makes them so accurate but awkward on borders.

Bent the spinning disc on bogballe l1 today straightened it a bit but still not right. Is it a big issue or will it work away?. Are they easy to replace? Totally my own fault rushing as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Bent the spinning disc on bogballe l1 today straightened it a bit but still not right. Is it a big issue or will it work away?. Are they easy to replace? Totally my own fault rushing as usual

Might be tough on the bearings if not balanced anymore

Was thinking that alright...ah well could always be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭happydude742

Said I'd chance it here..... how do you change (or even check) the width settings on a Bogballe L1 Plus? Can't for the life of me find it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement