Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hopeful20160

Congrats Big Tasty!! Did you get the call today?

Who else on here has done their medical *very recently* ???

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I did mine "very recently", no results today hopefully tomorrow. Is it post or email?

It's a letter!!! Really hoping SMT comes back ok to be in with a chance in this set of calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

I done my medical very recently. They rang the next day as they had two addresses on file so wanted to heck which one to send the letter to. Told me on the phone it was all good, thanks goodness or else I would have been tearing my hair out

• Advertisement

Sure they pay that guy to tear your hair out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sidelined1234

Haha fair point. They must have took pity on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pcplod16

Any other girls got the call for August intake?
    I think you may not be on your own takemeaway2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Congrats Big Tasty!! Did you get the call today?

Got the call on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

Has anyone got the number for recruitment? Might phone and see if they can tell me if the current batch of intake is full!

• Advertisement

Arko5901, I think you can just phone 101 and ask for recruitment. Let us know pleaseeee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 takemeaway2

Pcplod16 wrote: »
    Any other girls got the call for August intake?
    I think you may not be on your own takemeaway2 :-)

Oh good! :) it's so hard to tell with all our names on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Arko5901

They haven't filled this batch...recruitment obviously couldn't tell me any more about my chances, but I'm just waiting on the SMT test to come back. Maybe....next week???? Maybe!!!!

Hey has anyone got their induction pack yet? Do we have to stay over on induction weekend or do we come back the next day? Doesnt mention needing overnight stuff or have i read it wrong lol

Medical passed! Going to have to start answering those private number phone calls now.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I'm guessing they are still processing people based on AC Score a majority seem to be pretty much completed all the required stages bar SMT which shouldn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Padawan88

Hey has anyone got their induction pack yet? Do we have to stay over on induction weekend or do we come back the next day? Doesnt mention needing overnight stuff or have i read it wrong lol
    Naw the induction weekend is non residental, just the first 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Got mine today

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

If you have done ur medical in the last 2 weeks you will have a high percent change of getting a call next week so make sure u answer ur phones if a private number rings

Does anyone know how strict they are with the p.e kit? I know its plain black but how plain? Its very difficult to find any that have nothing on them at all lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Try sports direct or decathlon, plenty of choice and pretty cheap. No big logos. Long trousers for PSP shorts or tracky bottoms for PE.

Try sports direct or decathlon, plenty of choice and pretty cheap. No big logos. Long trousers for PSP shorts or tracky bottoms for PE.
    So like a wee tick or a wee popular brands symbol in the corner of the tshirt would be ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Yes that's fine. They're just trying to keep some uniformity and avoid a fashion parade. It's not rigidly enforced because everyone plays the game.

Yes that's fine. They're just trying to keep some uniformity and avoid a fashion parade. It's not rigidly enforced because everyone plays the game.
    Thats great Life_On_Mars thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Whataboutye

Just been to decathlon there today, plenty of stuff for next to nothing!

Any boardies not eligible for ill health benefits? If so can you pm me, looking abit more info

How do you know if you are eligible or not for it? I may need more info too

If you aren't eligible it would say on your offer letter. I intially failed my medical and appealed. If you passed medical with out a mention of it you are ok. I'm just not sure what all it excludes me from - if it would include injured on duty or ill health not connected to my condition.

I cant imagine being injured on duty would affect it sure we all run that risk i think that would be a bit harsh if it was the case? There is probably someone to ask all that stuff at induction?

• Advertisement

I cant imagine being injured on duty would affect it sure we all run that risk i think that would be a bit harsh if it was the case? There is probably someone to ask all that stuff at induction?

Yeah, gave them a ring, think someone is going to get back with me with more info.

Advertisement