Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2016/17

• 15-06-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The fixtures are out. Go at it...

I for one can't wait anyway, City and Utds fixtures to start look tasty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    The fixtures are out. Go at it...

I for one can't wait anyway, City and Utds fixtures to start look tasty.
    I'll follow this just for a while anyway ..........who am I kidding :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

65a4c634f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I like fantasy football :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've only had a very, very brief look, but Everton's start looks nice - TOT, wba, STO, sun, MID, bou, Pal.

I also like West Ham's, but you have to get past away trips to Chelsea and City in 2 of the first 3 weeks. Maybe they'll be one to look at for early wildcarders - che, BOU, mci, WAT, wba, SOU, MID, pal, SUN, eve, STO.

I'd be avoiding Watford (sou, CHE, ARS, whu, MNU) like the plague, and Sunderland wouldn't be too far off (mci, MID, sou, EVE, tot) either.

Investment in Pulis looks a good option at the back - pal, EVE, MID, bou, WHU, sto, sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

WBA rotate with Burnley. Nice cheap defensive rotation combo there you would have to imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

10 of the 33 weekend GWs will likely be closing at 6.45pm on a Friday because of the new fixture slot. This has some upsides and downsides.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

10 of the 33 weekend GWs will likely be closing at 6.45pm on a Friday because of the new fixture slot. This has some upsides and downsides.

Sucks from an FPL pov but from a football fans pov I think its great! The more days of football the better! Its great for UFPL too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I want the players out now dammit!

Rikand wrote: »
    I want the players out now dammit!

Not long to go! Hopefully it's early July and not late July!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    Not long to go! Hopefully it's early July and not late July!

My guess would be Monday the 18th of July so just less than 4 and a half weeks to wait.

• Advertisement

My guess would be Monday the 18th of July so just less than 4 and a half weeks to wait.

It'll probably be a week after they untended. With such a big upgrade things will no doubt go wrong when they look to do make it live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Someone better sign Robbie Brady so I can put him in my FF team next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It'll probably be a week after they untended. With such a big upgrade things will no doubt go wrong when they look to do make it live!

What's this regarding? Did I miss a change?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CSF wrote: »

I think there was some teasing by the FPL on twitter without revealing anything.

CSF wrote: »

From the FPL homepage
    Important information
    From 1 June you will no longer be able to login and view your FPL points from the 2015/16 season as we carry out essential maintenance to get ready for 2016/17
    Last updated: 31 May 15:53

Presumably it's just server changes or something boring like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right. That's that. When do we think FPL will launch? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Apologies if mentioned already, but UFPL is not running for this upcoming season due to a focus on "rebuilding and improving FPL."

Paully D wrote: »
    Apologies if mentioned already, but UFPL is not running for this upcoming season due to a focus on "rebuilding and improving FPL."

Ah ffs that a load of crap.

FHFC wrote: »

July 17th. Guess it depends on what they have been tinkering with. If there's a few changes then you would hope they would give us more time but more changes is more things to go wrong when they switch it to live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ Lauren Plump Flax

Some ITK said 4 of july.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Some ITK said 4 of july.

9th July last year. Season started a week earlier though. Euros end 10th July so I'd guess sometime later that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

UFPL is not running for this upcoming season due to a focus on "rebuilding and improving FPL."

chips_more.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FHFC wrote: »

Just what I was thinking.

I am ready!

July 17th. Guess it depends on what they have been tinkering with. If there's a few changes then you would hope they would give us more time but more changes is more things to go wrong when they switch it to live!

July 17th is a Sunday, they'd hardly launch it on a Sunday. My guess and I'm sticking to it is the 18th of July.

July 17th is a Sunday, they'd hardly launch it on a Sunday. My guess and I'm sticking to it is the 18th of July.

What happened was after they did final testing on Friday they intended to start it on Monday but when your man was leaving on Friday night he auto set it to start running and put in 17th instead of 18th so we got it a day early. I think his name was Steve. Thanks Steve.

Top bloke. :D

Top bloke. :D

Rumour has it he tried to veto the chips too. He gets us.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What a load of balls. Prob will never come back. Really enjoyed that game.

KevIRL wrote: »
    What a load of balls. Prob will never come back. Really enjoyed that game.

Really annoying alright. Surely it was generating enough money to justify leaving a couple of guys on it and just leave it as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really annoying alright. Surely it was generating enough money to justify leaving a couple of guys on it and just leave it as it was.

You'd have to guess that it wasn't based on them shelving it. I'd follow a lot of FPL related social media (FHFC being the most famous FPL celebrity I'd follow on there) ;) and it just never seems to get a mention.

Advertisement