Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imma gonna be an Emo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Thursday 14th April

Football
    60m

Sunday 17th April

Handstand
    10m

Pair
    Dips @ 16kg rto at top
    Pullup false grip on rings
    5x5

Pair
    Ring Pushup
    Ring Row
    3x8

Dragon Flags
    3x5

Run
    3.8km @ 16:04

Handstands were good again. I got a 15 second hold but again it was after kicking back from wall so doesn't count

Started maintaining hollow body position for pullups to more mimic muscleup. Getting 5x5 was hard enough with the change

First time trying dragon flags. Form wasn't great past the third rep. Looks like a good one to build on before levers

Ran to work to pick up my bike after leaving it there Friday night. I'm doing a work 5k relay thing in a month so I'll start doing the occasional run into work ahead of that

Tuesday 19th April

Handstands
    10m

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    3x3+2@60kg

Squat
    front w/pause 3s
    3x3@60kg
    back squat
    5@60
    3x5@80

RDL
    3x8@60kg

Handstands were good again. I think three sessions in a row is enough to say it's not a fluke. The handstands seem to go near no where for ages then take a random jump in ability. In theory should be close to getting reliable holds soon but I said that months ago so will see

Felt shíte and rundown in general though so did a light session. The only thing that convinced me to train at all was I haven't done lower body for a week and probably won't be again until at least Saturday so figured I better do something

Still have doms from dragon flags. I think I'll focus on them until I get up to 3x8 decent reps before going back to L-Sits. I might go back to them via a standing ab roll attempt however

Wednesday 20th April

Climbing & Bouldering
    An hour or two @ Awesome Walls

I climbed once before but hadn't done bouldering. Got up the top of 4+ grade. No dice on the 6+, the whatever you call them thingamajigs you grip on to are a lot harder to hold and my fingers were wrecked after a few meters. It was enjoyable enough so I'll probably go every now and then

Thursday 21st April

Run
    2km

Football
    60m

Saturday 23rd April

Pair
    Handstand 18 second fake pb
    Pullup 5x2 explosive to lower chest

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60kg
    2+1@70, 75kg
    3x1@80kg split jerk

Clean Deadlift
    5@80kg
    3@100kg
    2@110kg
    5x3@120kg

Split Squat
    w/front rack
    3x8@40kg

I'm going to do pullups on every training day now to progress muscleups quicker. Going for explosive bar pullups as high as I can get them. Not particulary explosive yet. Getting to lower chest at the moment. Low reps because I don't want to fatigue them too much before upper days

Tuesday 26th April

Handstand
    10m

Pair
    Dips @ 16kg rto at top
    Pullup @ 12kg
    3x5

Pair
    Diamond Pushup
    Ring Row
    3x10

Dragon Flags
    3x3

The threatening cold I had finally kicked in I went home early from work yesterday and took the day off today. It's mostly a 48hr thing though and I started feeling better in the afternoon. Once boredom levels overtook feeling crappy levels I went to the gym

Aiming to keep rings parallel on the descent now instead of letting them turn in all the way and then only turning them out at the top. So makes it a bit harder again. Also keeping a bit of forward lean ala muscleup

I had doms after the last session of dragon flags for about 5 days and even today once I started doing them again I could feel it so kept the reps low

Wednesday 27th April

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60kg
    2x2+1@70kg
    1@75kg
    1@80kg split jerk from here
    f@85kg failed clean
    1@85kg

Front Squat
    w/pause 3s
    2x3@50kg
    2x3@60kg
    3x3@70kg

SL RDL
    3x8@20kg

Football
    60m

I had 40 minutes for gym so knocked it out pretty quick. Quickly up to 85kg on pc&j well wasn't planning on failing the first one so had to go again. No rest on RDLs.

• Advertisement

Sunday 8th May

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+2@60kg
    2+1@70, 75kg
    1@85kg

Clean Deadlift
    5@80kg
    5@100kg
    3x5@115kg

Bulgarian Split Squat
    3x8@15kg db's

I was sick there for awhile, then away, then busy in work, then eh had a few nights on the sauce so was close to two weeks there without doing anything. I had no pre session fatigue so strength levels were decent enough. I'll probably be sore tomorrow though.

Monday 9th May

Run
    3.7km @ 16:35

Tuesday 10th May

Run
    3.6km @ 17:30

Wednesday 11th May

Pair
    5,5,5 Ring Dip @ 16kg
    5,4,4 Pullup @ 12kg
    +
    8,8 @ BW
    7,7 @ BW

Core
    2x3 Dragon Flags
    2x8 Hanging Leg Raises

Football
    60m

Trying to cram in a bit of running before work 5km run next week. A bit off my usual untrained running pace after two weeks of doing nothing

Gym session was sh*te. Strength was down a good bit and I was too depressed to do the horizontal pair after so did a few extra dips & pullups to save face. I'd no energy in football either. The humidity & heat last night didn't help

On a positive dragon flags are feeling easier. I'll up the reps next time.

Tuesday 17th May

Run
    3.7km @ 15:29 (4:09 km pace)

Bench
    3x5@70kg

Row
    3x5@60kg

Pair
    8 Dips rto at top
    7 Pullups

Handstand
    10m

High frequency training continues

57931840.jpg

Thursday 19th May

Dublin Staff Relay
    5km @ 18:21

Well that was unexpected. The goal was sub 20 minutes but I wasn't sure if I'd get it with the near non existent training for it. Certainly didn't think I'd get into the 18's

I paced it pretty well I checked my time at 1km and saw 3:10. Despite feeling really good at that point I did the maths and figured I'd need to slow down a tad. Kept a pretty solid pace then for the rest of the race. That pace turned out to be what I was capable of doing for 4km without really suffering. The last kilometre was horrible but since it was the last kilometre I fought to keep up the same pace. I collapsed to the ground for a few minutes after I crossed the line. There's a crossfitter still in me somewhere.

Been a while since I did anything competitive. A significant effort increase to the half assed training for nothing in particular I've been doing the past year or so that I'll probably continue

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Jesus, great time that!

• Advertisement

Jesus, great time that!

Cheers! I was always good at it but lifting things up and down again > running. I don't like being uncomfortable for long periods of time unless there is a distraction like chasing a football around or the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Same as that...preferring lifting I mean.

The last 5K I did I was a good bit ahead of split I wanted but decided YOLO which meant a world of hurt to hang on for the last k. I wouldn't say I'm slow bit I can't imagine how hard/impossible it would be for me to cut those few minutes off to get near 18.30...especially given that you haven't bothered your arse training for it! :)
    Big ol tip of the cap for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm crap at running and I prefer lifting
    That time is uh maz ing though
    And here I was thinking I was great with 27 mins :pac:

It was definitely a YOLO run I wouldn't be able to replicate the effort outside of competition and the fact I was on a team also. I say it was worth about 90 seconds. Both my quads and both my calves were threatening to go into spasm once I stopped for about 10 minutes.

I never had that sensation from a distance run before usually I feel nothing as squats generally make you immune to most other physical endeavours though I haven't squatted much recently

21st Saturday May

Press
    3x5@50kg

Pullup
    3x5@15kg

Pair
    Diamond Pushup
    Ring Row
    3x10

Pair
    DB Curl @ 12.5kg
    Tricep Extension @ 20kg
    2x15

Back to lifting a things. Legs are still sore from the run so leaving that another day. I still have a few distractions coming up so gym stuff will be x2-3 a week for another few weeks. I should have more time after that though and maybe manage 2x4week or 1x6week block where I'll actually try follow some sort of progression instead of whatever sets/reps/weight I feel like

22nd Sunday May

Front Squat
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80,85,90kg
    2x3@70kg

RDL
    3x8@60kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x8

Still a bit lethargic/sore from last week so mostly a get the blood pumping session

Tuesday 24th May

Bench
    4x3@75kg

Row
    3x5@65kg

Pair
    8 Dips rto at top
    6 Pullups C2B
    x3

Pair
    DB Curl @ 12.5kg
    Tricep Extension @ 17.5kg
    2x15

Will throw in some quick isolations at the end of upper days for the gainz. Summer is coming and all that.

Wednesday 25th May

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60kg
    2+1@70kg
    1@75kg
    1@85kg
    2x2+1@80kg

Clean Deadlift
    5@80kg
    5@100kg
    3x3@125kg

Front Squat
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@80,85kg
    2x2@80kg

Pair
    8 SL RDL @ 20kg
    4 Dragon Flags
    x3

That's me done until Monday/Tuesday next week

Saturday 28th May

Hike
    Killarney Park & Torc Mountain, about 6hrs

Thursday 2nd June

Football
    60m

Wednesday 8th June

Bench
    3x5@70kg

Pair
    8 Dips rto at top
    6 Pullups C2B
    x3

Pair
    DB Curl @ 15, 12.5kg
    Side Raise @ 7.5, 5kg
    x12

Hanging Leg Raise
    2x8

Football
    60m

Thursday 9th June

Football
    60m

Just in before my log disappeared off the first page. I had two weekends away there, well one was in Dublin but might as well been away. I was going to train 1-2 nights in between but ended up going on the pints instead with the weather http://i.imgur.com/Bp1lZTg.jpg

Should have a bit more time in general to train now apart from Euros & another weekend away coming up

Wednesday 15th June

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60kg
    2+1@70kg
    1@80, 85kg split jerk

Clean Deadlift
    5@85kg
    3@100kg
    3x5@110kg

Front Squat
    2x3@50kg
    2x2@60kg
    2@70kg
    1@75,80kg

Split Squat
    front rack
    2x8@40kg

20 minutes later..

Football
    60m
    token wrote:
    Should have a bit more time in general to train now apart from Euros & another weekend away coming up

Well I did but I squandered it with booze and the resultant hangovers. The weekend away is this one. Plan to get back to semi-regular training afterwards

Took a few spills during football. A few cynical tackles from Frogdog in the mix. My knee was a little tender to walk on afterwards but it's alright this morning

• Advertisement

Thursday 16th June

Football
    60m

few hours later..

Press
    5x3@50kg

Pullup
    3x5@10kg neutral grip

Pair
    Diamond Pushup
    Ring Row
    3x8

Pair
    15, 12 DB Curl @ 12.5kg
    12, 10 Side Raise @ 5kg

That's a lot in two days given recent lack of training. I'll sleep tonight.

Saturday 18th June

Surfing
    90m

Sunday 19th June

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60, 70kg
    1@75,80kg split jerk

Squat
    2x5@60
    3x5@80

RDL
    3x8@60kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x8

Surfing wasn't too strenuous. Helped loosen out a bit as I was very stiff after Wed/Thurs last week.

Was another boozy weekend so mostly just got a sweat going today. I did handstands at the end after not doing them for a long time now. Regressed a bit. I'll stop logging it now as I'm gonna start doing that at home also to get over the hump with them

Monday 20th June

Bench
    4x3@75kg

Row
    3x8@?? chest supported

Pair
    8,8,6 Dips rto at top
    6,6,6 Pullups C2B, chin last set
    x3

Pair
    12,10 Hammer Curl @ 15kg db's
    15,15 Side Raises @ 5kg

Bench & Rows were good. Not sure what weight on the rows because it was a non standard bar. Ran out of steam on dips&pullups. I probably should have rested a bit more after rows before starting it

Wednesday 22nd June

Power Clean & Power Jerk
    2x3+2@50kg
    2x2+1@60kg
    2+1@70kg
    1@75kg
    1@85kg
    2x2+1@80kg

Clean Deadlift
    5@80kg
    5@100kg
    3x3@120kg

Front Squat
    5@50kg
    3x8@60kg

Hanging Leg Raises
    2x10

23rd Thursday June

Football
    60m

24th Friday June

Press
    3x5@50kg

Pullup
    5@10,15,10kg

Pair
    Diamond Pushup
    Ring Row
    3x10

Pair
    Curl @ 15kg db's
    Side Raises @ 7.5kg db's

Sunday 26th June

Squat
    2x5@60kg
    3@80kg
    4x5@85kg

KB Swing
    30s on/off until 100 reps @ 32kg

Split Squat
    3x8@2x16kg

Ab Rollout
    2x12 from knees

I'd planned loads of training this weekend because I was back home doing mostly nothing but I felt really drained Saturday so gave it a skip. Al most didn't do this session today either because I stayed up late Saturday night playing FPS games which ended in much lethargy today

Swings worked out 20 reps each interval so it was over pretty quick. My type of conditioning. Get the heart rate up a bit but stop before it gets too uncomfortable.

Monday 27th June

Bench
    3x3@77.5kg

Pair
    10,8,8 Dips rto at top
    6,6,6, 6 Pullups C2B, chin last set

Pair
    12,10 Hammer Curl @ 15kg db's
    8,8 Side Raises @ 7.5kg db's

Wednesday 29th June

Football
    60m

Thursday 7th July

Football
    60m

Wednesday 13th July

Clean Deadlift
    3x5@110kg

Front Squat
    4x5@60kg

Pair
    Dips rto
    Pullup

Hanging Leg Raises
    3x8

Thursday 14th July

Football
    60m

Tuesday 19th July

Power Snatch
    3x3@40kg

Snatch Pull
    3x3@70kg

Squat
    5@60kg
    4x5@80kg

Pair
    8 RDL @ 60kg
    6 Hanging Leg Raise
    x3

I was sick for two weeks there with a few days off work as well. Just better in time for two long weekends so missed out on a bit more training there. The first two days of football there was just making up numbers sticking mostly to goals

1 step forward 2 steps backwards training continues. Will try even out the steps over the next few weeks.

Wednesday 20th June

Bench
    3x5@70kg

Row
    3x5@40kg + bar chest supported

Pair
    7 Dips rto at top
    6 Pullups C2B, well about half of them
    x3

Side Raises
    3x12@5kg db's