Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting Board Up an Running

• 01-04-2003 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

To get this board going, you are really going to have to communicate with the web-administrators of our nationall running clubs and ask them to update their links accordingly. As that is how the majority of people access previous chat boards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭MartinNutty

Ecksor,

Joey, is right. Do you think you can troll the club web sites and notify the various site owners of the existence of this board?

Frankly the old board is probably the best promotion site of all. Interesting coments to my post their!! I think some of those folks make my point crytal clear in there neaderthal way.

Martin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'll try to put some contact addresses together later and send out a brief bit of info when I get some free time. Or, if anyone is at a loose end in the next few hours, they're free to do it also, just le me know so people don't get mailed twice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Hi all,
    Its great to see an athletics web site on boards.ie. Im Dave Hooper the webmaster at Raheny Shamrock and formerly in charge of the athletics chat board. I had to close that board in 2001 because of abusive posts against people involved in athletics. I wish the best to the administrators here. People who make those kind of posts should remember they might think there funny, but they are in fact getting the board admin's in possible legal trouble.
    Other wise is fanastic to see the board and i wish it continued success. I will add a link to this site on the Raheny site as soon as I can.

P.S dont forget to check us out, our address is www.rahenyshamrock.com

Kind Regards
    Dave Hooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ed Healey

Dave,

Good to see you here. And thanks again for the "original" board.

Ed

Advertisement