Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malaysian Grand Prix

• 20-03-2003 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

What times (Irish time that is) are the qualifying sessions and race on at for this weekends Malaysian Grand Prix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

21 March 2003
    05:00 - 06:00 Free practice 1.1
    07:00 - 08:00 1st Qualification

22 March 2003
    03:00 - 03:45 Free practice 2.1
    04:15 - 05:00 Free practice 2.2
    07:00 - 08:00 2nd Qualification

23 March 2003
    08:00 Race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

ta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Congrats to KIMI, im delighted for him.
    What a stupid piece of driving from MS at the start.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Kimi really is Mini-Mika. It's all over his driving style, the way Ron Dennis is trying to bond him to him permanently á la Tony Soprano and the way he was completely nonplussed with winning his first GP.

The upside of this is a decent foil to Schumacher while Montoya struggles with the car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

great race well worth getting up early for, excellent win for Kimi was hoping he would do it in austrailia pity DC went out or maclaren would have been even more sorted. Alonso also great result for him and a great drive considering he was missing 5th gear for a good portion of the race.

Anyone hear what was up with justin wilson and his possible trapped nerve? utv said they would have an update for the afternoon show?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Wilson appears to be in hospital with a lack of feeling in his arms. Ouch.

Article o Grandprix.com.

thanking you

He's out of hospital now. They say the new HANS device was to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

Yep, good race. It's a shame Michael Schumacher didn't win though. I quite like him within the F1 world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Blah to Michael Schumaker...he is complaining about the new qualifying rules and regulations....In all fairness the FIA did have to do something to make the sport alot more interesting and this is it.

Greater competitveness off the Grid rather than schumy storming away in the distance after qualifying for pole like he used to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

I would be very happy if Shumacher won every game of the season. He's the best in the pack, so why not? It's like Sampras winning Wimbledon every season, you just want to see the best beating the rest with no quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I really enjoyed the race.
    The races are no longer the foregone conclusions they were starting to become last season.
    Schumacher can't really complain about the new rules.
    It was his error of judgement on the first corner that cost him the race.
    He still had an incredible drive considering he had 4 pit stops and one drive through penalty.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Washout
    Blah to Michael Schumaker...he is complaining about the new qualifying rules and regulations....In all fairness the FIA did have to do something to make the sport alot more interesting and this is it.

Greater competitveness off the Grid rather than schumy storming away in the distance after qualifying for pole like he used to do.

Where exactly did you read or hear of him complaining????????

All the press conferences I have seen with him he been asked about the new rules. And so far he hasn't complained about it. In fact he was in favour of it to start with. He has a knack of avoiding questions he doesn't want to answer but he hasn't complained yet. He did say that it's too early to tell what to make of the new rules and he's right. Maybe half way through the season wer will get a clearer picture of it.

He is a great person to have in the sport and I'm sure he like the rest of trhe drivers out there is glad that there is a bit more competition out there to make it more exciting even if it does stop him rewriting every record book around for the sport.

Schumi for the championship again. Bring on the new car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

Can anybody tell me when Maclaren and/or Ferrari expect to start using their new cars?? Is it Silverstone???

I was delighted to see Kimi win, since the changes came in the races have been soo much more interesting. Esp. the Australian GP - excellent stuff!! Seems Ferrari are making quite a few mistakes, wrong tyre choice in the Aussie GP and MS's start in Malaysia. Bad luck for them, still can't say I'm disappointed, I'm not a big MS fan although I will admit he's a fab driver, it's just boring to watch him win race after race without any real competition. But now things have changed, it's become so much more unpredictable and that was long overdue!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

The new reg's have made the race outcome more unpredictable but the actual racing is no better. Nor will it be with current levels of aerodynamic aids and carbon-fibre brakes IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ahh now to be fair, you can't say ralf firman was entertaining :P

That was a good race to watch and its all a big i,provement on last year

Can anybody tell me when Maclaren and/or Ferrari expect to start using their new cars?? Is it Silverstone???

The new Ferrari is ready to roll. They may take it out in Brazil if they feel threatened enough but Spain looks more likely. The new McLaren is due in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Robbo
    The new Ferrari is ready to roll. They may take it out in Brazil if they feel threatened enough but Spain looks more likely. The new McLaren is due in Spain.

Its not quite ready to go as the FIA are still deciding whether they should re-test it after two severe mechanical failures but Ferrari are certainly testing this week and Mclaren may do the same.

I dont see any need to rush the introduction as the car is still faster than any on the grid. Unfortunate circumstances, poor strategy and bad driving has taken victory away from Ferrari. Their car is still the best.

From what i read Ferrari will bring their car in for Imola and Mclaren for Spain.

Schumacher made no complaint about any of the new rules but did say he was concerned about driving in wet conditions without traction control but who is better in the wet?

i have to say i'm not as fond of the new qualifying as the old one, i like the way the grid is mixed up due to different fuel loads and stuff, but i don't like the way there is two sessions and the way it is one at a time. i can remember qualifying sessions that where nearly as good as the races (better then the races when schumacher wins :) ) but seriously you don't get that big rush anymore when theres five minutes left and the top X drivers all leave the pits to set the best lap. maybe i'll adapt but i don't know.

i'm not a schumacher fan at all and have been delighted at the last two results and think it is great for the sport. i will admit though that i think schumacher is the best driver at the moment, but ferrari have seemed like the man utd. of formula one for the past few years, you either love em or hate em.

with regards to the new car i thought chernobyl that ferrari would bring their's out for the start of the european season, don't know about the maclaren though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

im not a shumacher fan either, but i have been a ferrari fan for years, even before shu joined. And i must say i think the new qualifying system is much better. While there hasnt been major disruption to the front of the grid, there is a sufficient amount of things being mixed up as to make the race a bit more interesting.
    no longer are michael and rubens leading the race from start to finish anymore (well first 2 races anyway)

• Advertisement
Advertisement