Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do with a Sky Analogue Box ????

Options
  • 15-03-2001 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have had Sky for about 10 years now, and since the launch of Sky Digital my old analogue box and dish is on a shelf in the Garage. If I reconnect the box and dish, are there any satellites (besides 19 degrees) that I can receive decent stations from????
    Although I enjoyed the Dutch (RTL) and german (RTL2/DSF) and french (ARTE) stations on the old sky dish, because they often broadcast movies in english, I was wondering if I could tune my old box into the satellites that broadcast english speaking channels other than the sky channels.
    Any body have ideas?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Tanya, you could try hot bird at 13 degrees east, a little right and slighly upwards of Astra 1. It has BBC world on thre and you should get good pictures on an 80cm dish. For a channel list try www.eutelsat.org

regards tony

U could always set it up to receive one of the Hotbird satellites or U could stick it back on Astra for eurosport, viva music, sky news, lots of foreign channels and of course channel 5!

thats what i'm doing. i am leaving it where it is for Channel 5 and VIVA ZWEI. RTL also show a Champions League game every week. quite handy if TV3 or HTV arent showing the same 1. also handy for when i want to watch Sky News or Eurosport and when my mother wants to watch QVC when someone is watching another channel on Sky Digital

Advertisement