Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Builder gets to keep up disputed banner

• 15-10-2002 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭

From the Indo
    "
    Builder gets to keep up disputed banner

THE managing director of a construction firm was granted a temporary injunction by the High Court yesterday, preventing Dublin City Council from removing a controversial No to Nice banner from his premises at Lower Ormond Quay beside the Millennium Bridge.

The order was granted to Michael Wallace, managing director of M and J Wallace Ltd, and the company.

The council issued a notice late on Friday stating that if the banner was not removed by noon yesterday, they would remove it. The banner says: "No to War, No to Nice and No to American Terrorism."

It was submitted that because of the forthcoming referendum, the banner was an exempted advertisement and did not endanger the facade at Ormond Quay."

I may not necessarily agree with the guy about Nice, but fair dues to him (and not just because he's from Wexford too)..
    I like the fact that he is in the construction business, but is still willing to make public what could be perceived as anti establishment views..
    btw
    BTW he is also the manager of the Wexford Youths team and maintains an apartment in Italy so he can see the soccer over there. He also dresses down-he looks more like a brickie than an md...i think maybe "Wexford man of the year" perhaps...??

Advertisement