Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Southside or Northside?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yes.

Still it could be worse.... we could all live in Cork.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Gordon
    Am I the only upturned nostrilised in-bred D4 person here?

Well if it makes you feel any better my school is in D4?

If this is really bothering you you could discuss it in PI, i think some twat called Gorgon is the mod...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, thats Gorgonzola to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Heh, thats Gorgonzola to you!

I guess you could say you're the 'big cheese' of the PI boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Cian

Holy crap, I never realised how many d14/16'ers are festering on boards...

I too originate from this no-mans land. Born in D14, raised in D16, without moving house. They just shifted the borders to confuse us. Only two possible explanations for the proliferation of dundrum/balinteer/rathfarnham/insert_bland_suburb_here ppl here.

1. There's something in the water.
    2. There's nothing in the water.

I've something to say to all those arguing which area is more riddled with scummery:

You're all wusses.

I live in Dolphin's Barn.

I can see Fatima Mansions from my doorstep.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Typedef
    Yes.

Still it could be worse.... we could all live in Cork.

*shudder*

Gah, therell be none of that sort of talk on this board!

(i wonder if we can get C..k added to the censor for this board only...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'm from Clonshaugh (D17). Nobody seems to be from around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Tallaght, Dublin 24. Lucky enough to be living in one of the nicer areas although I still have been the victim of one or two scumbags :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What "nice" part of Tallaght you living in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Aylesbury. Of course we do have Cushlawn right down the road, the biggest skanger-hole this side of the Liffey!!! We had a war with Cushlawn apparently although I must have missed it. I think we won out though as the Cushlawn skangers are apparently afraid of us and don't come up to Aylesbury

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

D5 at the moment, I'm off to Balbriggan in the near future. Previous abode: Clontarf. I stay on the real side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    I stay on the real side.

Very true, very true :D.

I grew up in D5 (Raheny), but I've been in D8 for the last 10 years. I want to go home :(

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

*opens arms*

come back you bastard, all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

dublin 14/16, right on the border at the ballyroan road. funny how ntl only respond to my emails about bb when i say i'm from 16. i go to school in the ghetto though (great denmark street) how many of us rathfarnham /knocklyon heads are there now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Grew up in Raheny (D.5), now in North Strand (D.3).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Syd_Vicious
    Aylesbury. Of course we do have Cushlawn right down the road, the biggest skanger-hole this side of the Liffey!!! We had a war with Cushlawn apparently although I must have missed it. I think we won out though as the Cushlawn skangers are apparently afraid of us and don't come up to Aylesbury

Well if thats nice, Kingswood must be right posh so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

wow, this thread is like 2 years old

anywho

quanky is from blanchardstown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Apprantly, Naas is considered West Dublin these days, but I attend college in Sandymount, so I dunno what I would be considered :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Am I the only upturned nostrilised in-bred D4 person here?

I sound like a Southsider, if that helps? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

d14 clonskeagh beside UCD so i live in student land!

as for the northsider=scumbag and south=posh thing is complete toss. The thing about the southside IMO is that not many places can be classed as completely rich or poor. People don't realise that there's a lot of variety in the people living in each area.
    Take dundrum for example some ppl think it's a scumbag area others see it as being very posh. If you drive down dundrum road u will see council houses beside some really posh houses. rosemount/taney is a good example.

Contrast this the northside areas are generally seen as exclusively rich or poor e.g. balymun and howth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

D18 myself...Cabinteely...& I don't really like to venture out of D18 too much either (I work in Cabinteely also)...the only time I leave D18 is if I'm going on the p1ss in town...usually somewere like sin or somewere on Dawson street

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

anyone from the auld D13 area cos if ye are then deadly buzz.
    D13 forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

D7 Cabra East.Shweeeeeeeeeerh,Jaysush i'm aftar wrekin me throaath doin da'.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by crimsonfire
    anyone from the auld D13 area cos if ye are then deadly buzz.
    D13 forever!

Grew up in Grangemore (Donaghmede) and Ard na Greine (Ayrfield).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

big up the southside massaive!

killiney forever bo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kazzey

Why do the north side people mock the south side I have a BF he's from the north side and he was mocking me so was his mum and dad I know how to talk properably but they were mocking me plus where I live aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kazzey wrote: »
    Why do the north side people mock the south side I have a BF he's from the north side and he was mocking me so was his mum and dad I know how to talk properably but they were mocking me plus where I live aswell
    Probably because they're jealous. Are they from Finglas, by any chance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Digging up ancient threads is not a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement