Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for employment

Options
  • 27-03-2000 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

OK my current employer has gone a little too far and I'm now looking for employment elsewhere. Any one know of /or work for an organisation thats looking for tech knowledgeable sales staff. I am firing me CV off to the recruitment agencies but they take a little longer to get back to you and I do not want to hang around here any longer than necessary.

Ta,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw I didn't move the last time as I was waiting to see if things ot better, unfortunately they have gotten worse. Yeah I'd like to avoid the agencies myself but that nearly seems to be impossible.

Anyway any help will be appriciated.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Have you tried Lockheed & Martin Irl LTD.
    They have a IT center in gateway ...
    They are always looking for fresh mea... i mean People

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Major Drawback to Lockheed: you'll have to work with Whitewashman.

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Lol smile.gif

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Not again Ganders!! smile.gif

Why not try and avoid the agencies & get yerself the extra 2&1/2 grand that would be their fee...

GL.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gand,
    try www.recruitIreland.com
    they are better for you then the other agencies because they dont charge an arm and a leg for you (so you get more cash in your pay packet).
    I know they are good people because we wrote their website...

Hey man, I didnt think you objected THAT much to wearing a suit! (You did look kinda cute in it... rooowr!)

DeV.

Ta Dev lad,

Naw that didn't do it !!! I don't think the boards have enough webspace to give the full rundown on my current employers. I'll probally whinge about it during shadow lan or whatever its called in a drunken stupour smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Fair play to ya' Gandi, don't take any cr@p from employers, leave them, it's the only way they'll learn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Paul - I just got out of a really **** job and I agree with what Dead{o}Santa sez, but don't just leave in a huff. Say EXACTLY why you're leaving. I did and my ex-manager got quite a shock when she found out the real feelings in the work place. If anything they'll think all the more of you and feel worse that you're going.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

Err Dav lad I have never left an employer on bad terms and I don't intend doing so. Just cause these guys aren't professional doesn't mena I'll follow them.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh, soz - didn't know what happened the first time u see smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ganders,

Is this the place you were workin in when I was a dellboy (round summer 98)? I remember you saying you were getting outta there?

I used to have irc logs but they were a coupla gigs, had to waste them... smile.gif

Al.

Advertisement