Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movies from Comics

Options
  • 05-06-2002 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I was trying to name all the movies that came from comics the other day, add on to the list if you remember any
    (Ill add to the list as new ones are posted)

Spiderman
    Batman
    Superman
    The Flash
    Punisher
    Fantastic Four
    Justice League
    Doc Savage
    XMen
    Daredevil
    the Hulk
    Supergirl (or was it woman?)
    Blade
    Ghostworld
    Spawn
    The Crow
    Barb Wire
    Tank Girl
    Akira
    The Phantom
    Mars Attacks!
    Mystery Men
    Nick Fury
    Witchblade
    Generation X
    Judge Dredd
    The Mask
    Darkman

theres loads more. Help!

bomb

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Blade for a start.
    Ghost World
    Spawn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

The Crow

Barb Wire

Tank Girl

Akira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

there were rumours of a Wolverine movie that was made back in the 80's, supposedly starring Clint Eastwood as Logan, anyone else hear that? never finished making it so it was shelved.

i doubt very much thats true, but it would be cool though

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Predator was a film b4 a comic
    so was Alien
    What about Darkman???????
    Anyone remember?

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

The Phantom

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Yeah, I heard Darkman was a comic before a film.

Also Howard the Duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Do TV films count? If so Generation X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Transformers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Hardware was based on a 2000ad short story shok by kev o niell made without permision. copyright owners sued the filmakers,a small independant company and had it withdrawn.It had received favorable reveiws for its extremly limited budget

Strictly speaking this doesnt count but the film and book damnation alley by roger zelezany <SP>so heavily influenced the cursed earth Judge Dredd saga,from the premise of delivering medical supplies to an isolated city on the other side of the american seaboard across a nuclear ravaged middle america inhabited by giant reptiles and deformed mutants.It was probally one of the most defining influences upon the geography of dredds world.Certainly one that has shaped most of the subsequent mega epics,from song of the surfer to judgement day.
    2000ad got into trouble for a couple of highly satirical mutants (a jovial green giant,and a certain hamburger clown)that made an appearance for a couple of episodes of the original cursed earth saga who happened to breach the trademarks of certain well known corporate brands and caused offending couple of issues to be withdrawn under highcourt injunction.

• Advertisement

captain america
    wonder woman
    the flash
    conan the barbarian (marvel 70s as well as the books of re Howard)
    Red Sonjia(ditto)

if tv movies count bb2 did a version of the Bogey Man starring Robbie Coultraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Dick Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

LOL Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

I know I know, we are all ashamed to admit that was once a comic, but I must say it WAS a great comic orginaly.. Violent as hell before hollywood got their manky hands on it (Actually, now that I look at the list of films there is a bit of a history of that)

Advertisement