Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mixed drinks

• 04-06-2002 9:57pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

wow, I was sitting in a pub last night and just tired of drinking the same ol' stuff so I told the bartender to surprise me...
    I tried quite a few drinks..Tom collins, Martini, rasberry martini, whiskey sour, and I think there was another one in there but the one I remember the most and drank the rest of the night was the Cosmopolitan! If you havnt tried this I highly suggest that you do! I felt like a fish in water when I drank this, I think I have just made a new best friend, lol
    What are some of your favorite mixed drinks so I may try some more...and has anyone else here had a cosmo and enjoyed it as much as I did?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

My fave cocktail is a Surfer on Acid - Malibu, Jaegermeister and pineapple juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

The B52 is the best combination I've ever tried. Served in a shot glass the first layer some chocolate liquer, about half a measure, then the next part is also a half shot, but this time of Baileys, the Baileys has to be poured into the glass using the back of a spoon so it dose'nt mix with the choco liquer, you should now have two layers (with any luck) the next layer is a half measure of cointreau again using the back of spoon. At the end of it you will have a shot glass full to the brim of 3 different alcoholic beverages, not only is it aesthetically pleasing it is gorgeous if drank in the correct way, you drink the first part, the cointreau, savour the taste, then follow that with the next shot and so on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

yummy, tink I am becoming an alky...tried some more new drinks...
    Harvey wallbanger
    malibu mambo
    royal punch
    and 2 others that I just cant remember...was a long night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Corega
    The B52...

Actually the way I always drunk that beautiful nectar was to light the top - blow it out and chug back in a oner. You get the mix of coffee, chocolate and orange in one fail swoop... yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Layered liquers are certainly damn nice, but if you're that keen to get drunk in the most expensive way possible, you can't beat white russians... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Superman - 1 layer blue aftershock 1 layer red aftershock
    madness

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Shinji
    white russians... :)

mmm I had a white Russian all night once... mmm
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Originally posted by Gordon

;)

Are'nt most Russian people white?:).

Soz it had to be done, but I never realised there was a white Rssian I always thought it was a black Russian with coke, the presumption being that you put lemonade in it instead of coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by Gordon

;)

:rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Corega

Are'nt most Russian people white?:).

Soz it had to be done, but I never realised there was a white Rssian I always thought it was a black Russian with coke, the presumption being that you put lemonade in it instead of coke?

No, milk. (Kaluha, vodka and milk, right?) Or soya milk even, although what you call a vegan white russian I'm not sure.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement