Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comics

• 13-03-2002 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I have the first appearance of the punisher, a spiderman comic from 1973, worth 200 quid, maybe be more, I bought it 10 years ago..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

nice

i have the complete first eds of the first The Maxx series.

I have loads of really old 2000AD too, love them!

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

I think it will be just the 2 of us posting here!!!!!!!!! lol

I have a few matchbox sets from Russia...nice

lol, itll take a few days for everyone to see it, but its nice to have a place to talk about this stuff, if we can link it to the film and music boards we would be laughin' you know get people to come over when ever an "I have....." conversation starts.

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I got over 400 (music) tapes, slowly replacing them by CDs (about as many to date), but damn, it's expensive.
    A lot of rare books (thanks Gran for your passion for History and Philosophy),
    Very few comics :(
    Too many games (But I finished them all and keep on thinking I'll play them again soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

1 playstation,

397 games for it!

72 demo discs (i really should get out more!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

I too have a few rare & interesting comics.

-1st print editions 1 - 20 of the Sandman series.
    -1st edition Watchmen graphic novel.
    -Also a few (many) MAD (sad) Magazines from the 60s & 70s. Including the JFK one from 1962 (just before he died).
    -and other stuff i can't recall right now. (Its all in Oz in storage)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I have about 2500 comics stashed in a cuboard

nothing really spectular though.

Some oldish X-Men 'dark phoenix saga' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Impressive sized collection anyhow! Mr Ping Chow Chi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I'm a big sam kieth (the maxx) fan. i just ordered about 15 issues of the maxx and wolverine/hulk #1. I cant get my hands on popbot (first issue just out)by ashley wood (hellspawn) which features sam kieth and #2 will actually feature the maxx. No comic shops down here. Could anyone up in dublin look out for it whenever they're in a comic shop. Apart from maxx comics i have a few x-men/wolverine but thats about it. I collect vinyl (hiphop) aswell but thats for another thread, another time.

yeah im love keith too, i have first eds of all the MaXX, paid like £40 for a first ed on mail order, have a few Keith Wolverine, also have a wolverine series with all covers done by Keith, I never got the second series though, didnt like it. have all the maxx cartoon on Vid too.

BomB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I use to get all the marvel comics .. still remember all the hours spent putting them comics in the little plastic bags etc. My favourite was a marvel/epic series though 'Alien Legion'

I think larry stroman was the artist and carl pots the writer

also DareDevil was exellent + hulk was quite good (in his grey tyson mode)

im currently making my list of comics, when i do ill post it up, im doing a list of WWF action figures too.

Bomb

Does anyone know of any palce that buys comics in mass quantities?, there are a few sites that let you do up lists,

bomb

www.comics.org is a decent resource

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Wow, some of ye have some impressive stuff there.
    If ye'd like to see a price for them, go to

www.wizardworld.com

and enter your collection.
    Its in dollars but it'll give you the value of your collection and if anything you have increases in value it'll change. But it'll also tell you if your stuff decreases in value. :)

Advertisement