Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWF Late Night Wrestling

Options
  • 20-12-2001 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

OK, love it or hate it, wrestling is fookin huoge. Its everywhere you look - but, its actually not that bad.

Sure its fake and pretty silly at times, but its come along way in the past 10 or so years. It no longer matters that its fake. Its fun. It's sports entertainment.

I watched wrestling 'back in the day' when I was a young lad. Naturally enough I coped on in time and changed the channel. But that was then. These days wrestling is something to watch with your mates and a few 'stevewisers' b4 feckin off to the pub and beyond. I'm not proud of it, but I like it :D

So, what about the rest of you? Is wrestling still taboo? Should I have kept my mouth shut for fear of being flamed by my boards.ie pears ( :rolleyes: )?

...there should be a pole (if it worked.. first time trying, using Opera).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

:( no poll

...but tell us what you think anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I love to watch it with a gang - the storylines are laughable, the women hot and the stunts are often impressive (people leppin' off steel cages onto tables and the likes).

It's class while wasted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Its great group entertainment alright.. especially to go out for drink and crisp only to come back and get stunnered / Chokeheld / Whatever ..Its got some classic lines aswell

Kurt Angel *I think* : I just cant talk to that man...Hes got a 2x4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Ahem... Budweiser ad anyone? "Real men of genius... Mr Pro Wrestling Wardrobe Designer".

Ah cmon now its hardly come on that much. Its still people in silly clothes doing blatantly faked moves with a comedy plot thrown in. But then again, after a drink or 20... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

its not that bad at all! there was a 4 year period when the story lines were crap! but now it seems that all has been redeemed! but still it is much better watching it in a group! then it is a bit of craic!

But then the women in it are only savage - Com on Lita and Torrie Wilson!!! Oh yeah!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement