Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing

Options
  • 16-10-2001 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I was out doing a bit in a competition on Sunday and the fishing was brutal. We tried plugs, spoons, trolling dead bait, floating dead bait ... the list goes on.

Has anyone in Ireland had any good pike fishing expieriences recently, have you caught that speciman because we certainly haven't ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

last time i went pike fishing i got a 7lb fish. the lake was full of rudd, so i just floated some bread crumbs and put a hook in one to catch a rudd from the shore... stuck him on a hook and plopped him into the lake. only took a few mins for the pike to come along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The_Fisher

i went out on saturday and caught a 1.06lb pike :P
    tips
    1. go out early morning/ late evening (there the main times i catch pike)
    2. use spoons or spinners (there nearly the only thing i catch pike with)

my biggest pike was a 6lb pike in the same lake ^^^

good luck fishing :D

The_Fisher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

atmospheric pressure has a massive on impact on how fish feed. ideally you want a falling barometer. The day before a heavy frost can also be good.

If you are not catching on your chosen method after a few hours, switch methods. Some days they want a static dead bait, some days they want it moving, and other days they want it dropped on their nose!

I havn't been out this year yet, it will be another 2 weeks before I get onto the bank.

Advertisement