Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTR Broadband in Donegal

Options
  • 21-10-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Has anyone had experence of NTR broadband in donegal coming wireless from the mast in Strabane, I've moved to Castlefin and Ntr say they can supply their service to me was just wondering if anyone out there can give any advice.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

NTR is the same company as Irish broadband (as far as i know), i would read some of the horror stories here about irish broadband first before you order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Im pretty sure Donegalman has it in castlefinn, from the UTV mast in strabane!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

The brother has it and he is happy enough with it. The one issue he has had is that he was supposed to have been upgraded a few months back and they have yet to do this. They cliam he is on a lower contention package which makes up for the lack of upgrade, he is not convinced :)

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

I have had NTR from Strabane since March. It has been an absolute nightmare! Speeds are no better than ISDN (meant to be the 2MB service) and I have reached the point of bringing legal action against them for breach of contract and fraudulent misrepesentation. Customer service is a joke. None of the technical support people know what they are talking about. They have told me nothing but lies for the past 6 months. To name names, Michael Johnston and Claire McInnes are the worst culprits.

See my various posts culminating in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=314890

Drop me an email and I can arrange to show it to you in action (or inaction should I say!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

We have NTR in South-west Belfast. It was crap when we got it first, and the technical support dept. was going no where, so we phoned the sales line to disconnect (talked to Michael Johnston), and they offered to install a new aerial for us first, to see it it would fix it. It did, it has been perfect since.

They offer a 7 day cooling-off period, so its simple. Get it installed, and if its no good, get them to take it back within 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 andmor

Yes that's all very well but our connection was good for the first 4 - 5 weeks and after that it went to the dogs. There are numerous other posts on boards from people who have had a similar experience as ours. After the honeymoon you are stuck with them for the rest of the contract period.

As for that Michael Johnston I have numerous emails from him promising various actions none of which were followed up and in the end he wouldn't even reply to our emails. So much for customer support!

Advertisement