Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results...Pubs/Clubs!!!

Options
  • 16-08-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi everybody, Im not from Galway but I will be there Wednesday night when I get my leaving cert results. Can anybody recommend a nightclub to go to?

I’ve been to Galway many times before but never on Results night. Where do people go? Or will most people be bushing? (We've been to CPs before and that’s pretty good.)

p.s. Tell me your suggestions immediately cos im starting early tomorrow!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ugh!
    you ****sticks had better not keep me awake with your retarded "whooping and hollering" tomorrow night!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

go to the warwick,you won't annoy me then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Oh no. Not that time of the year again. puke everywhere thursday morning. greatest night of your life and all that

Absolutley positively do not come to Roisins for the battle of the bands tommorow night. You wont like it, old crowd , boring music etc etc

erm ya the warwick or CPs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

when ya see the warwick keep walking,i think there is a really cool place another bit out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

when ya see the warwick keep walking,i think there is a really cool place another bit out...

Have your own "cool" party at the spanish arch

Ribena toothkind for everyone

some tasty non-fattening snacks too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I hope you all fail and my fail I mean do well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dundhoone wrote:
    Oh no. Not that time of the year again. puke everywhere thursday morning. greatest night of your life and all that

Absolutley positively do not come to Roisins for the battle of the bands tommorow night. You wont like it, old crowd , boring music etc etc

erm ya the warwick or CPs

I'd forgotten about the BotB...might pop along...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I'd forgotten about the BotB...might pop along...
    So at least some good came from this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

no no tar was right there is a really REALLY cool LC party happenin out past the Warwick 2morro, somewhere near never never land!

nah but seriously all you LC'rs try and keep your heads 2morrow (at least a bit) and for the love of God don't piss people off. you'd never know it could be anyone on this thread

if you make noise whilst im trying to sleep beside sally longs there will be war.

anyway i might pop out past the warwick myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Tar didn't you do the LC last year? :rolleyes:

I'd say Boo Radleys will be packed so failing that I'd say the GPO would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I. D will be so damn strict tonight.... half you bastichs won't get in anywhere.... I'll not want to see ye hanging around the entrance of either the GPO or CUBA tonight.... begging the bouncers and offering sexual favours in return for entrance.

Anima wrote:
    Tar didn't you do the LC last year? :rolleyes:

I'd say Boo Radleys will be packed so failing that I'd say the GPO would be your best bet.
    shhh! ok i'll drop the act ;) ,go have fun like i did youngin's.try gpo,cps,radleys and cuba...if you're not there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well a ****e night by all accounts. Too many culchies, too many young people, too many young cluchies getting sick after drinking two blue wickeds :rolleyes:.

Plus the rain didn't help either.

Verily, the rain did sucketh muchly.

and on a thread hijacking note (dont feel to bad since its post LC night out now)

BOTB in Roisins was good, except that the soundman gave in and put the sound up way too loud for the ghostwood project.

(I cringed while writing that.....am I really complaining the sound was too loud) (symptom of getting old methinks!!)

Sound quality is great in that little room, and the band didnt need uber volume to sound good. I liked them last night, but im sure pissed off at them now cause im hearing everthing as if ive got cotton wool stuffed in my ears and some ones ringing a bell. I've seen so many great gigs there and never been deafened. Time for a mail to gugai perhaps.

You don't open a tin with a hand grenade, likewise you don't pump excessive watts of sound into a relatively small (read: intimate) venue.
    Nothing worse than being unable to enjoy a performance because you're on the street with blood trickling down your lobes.

That said, I didn't make it down to the Róisín last night, conked out at home. Caffiene is not the sleep-substitute I was led to believe.

unless you were somehow led to believe it would stave off sleep forever....then i disagree...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

drove past the oasis in salthill a couple of times last nite there were two people in it - the barman and the bouncer. they really need to get rid of that big window at the front that lets everyone see its totally empty why would anyone want to go there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

emee wrote:
    drove past the oasis in salthill a couple of times last nite there were two people in it - the barman and the bouncer. they really need to get rid of that big window at the front that lets everyone see its totally empty why would anyone want to go there

What are you? A boy racer who just drives around the promenade all day?

• Advertisement

He/She might be a resident?

Visiting his/her mam?

Volunteering some time to help the elderly?

:)

i'm a girl :(

It isn't blatantly obvious from your username or from reading one of your nine posts.

Apologies.

emee wrote:

Ah teh big windows, a double edged sword if there ever was one. Well it was always a kip, but it used to be a great kip of a thursday night. I could never understand why anyone went there, I guess everyone else came round to my way of thinking......

Also can hear again today ....yay.

So any chance of an update from the O.P. on where he went ..... sure were a lot of bouncers on and asking for ID too.

next time i choose a name i'll pick summit like pinkfluffybunny so no one will be confused bout me being a boy :( and driving past something twice hardly makes ya a boy racer... drive by on your way somewhere drive by again on your way home...

you will be mistaken as a gay man!

i was always been thought of as a woman and a lesbian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah damn you tar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

:eek: You mean your not!!!! :eek:

Thank the Lord for sarcasm!

yes,it's hard to get over the initial disappointment when meeting me,

'you can't be tar,she is 6ft tall and a hawt lesbo model!!'

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe if you beefed up that name...
    how about Jeff Aldarion

or Mongo Aldarion :D

Advertisement