Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomm

Options
  • 13-08-2005 2:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭

yo,just hangin round galway...again...looking for accomm and am damn confused about where places are...ghey map that i have looked at was no help....
    so i'm just wondering which of these are close to nuig if any...and especially where the hell can i find rahoon :confused: i have taken down places in newcastle and the city to check out but these are very few due to our needs and wants; so i am trying to broaden it here to these places i have never heard of.

Ballybane
    Ballybrit
    Headford Rd
    Merlin
    Oranmore
    Rahoon
    Renmore
    Riverside
    Tirellan
    Wellpark

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Oranmore would be your best bet. that's just across the road from NUIG

alternatively, Tuam would be a good option

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

omg you are right ;)http://www.mayo-ireland.ie/Sites/OLodge/OLMapIreland.gif

when i pasted that list maybe i should have taken that baby out..anyway im walking there now ....thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh a sexy edit, i tried tuam yesterday but i hate sprawling cities like tuam and it was full. :(

EDIT: thanks tman found a place,
    http://www.mayo-ireland.ie/Sites/OLodge/OLodgeHead.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

So, how hard is it to find a place? (I'll be heading up again looking at the start of September).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well, I've already encountered small bands of wet-behind-the-ears-just-finished-the-leaving lads wandering bewildered with accommodation lists in one hand and a phone in the other two, three weeks ago.

So pretty hard, I should think.

• Advertisement

Dang. I might leave it until later on so as I don't actually have lectures to attend. When does the rush cool off?

simu wrote:
    So, how hard is it to find a place? (I'll be heading up again looking at the start of September).
    well for me it has been quite hard,this is my second weekend up here...maybe i should go to the pub less ....

why cant i find a decent place with 3 goddamn single beds ffs! they all have four pff

at the start of september eh,doesnt give you much time. if you are just looking on your own it should be quite easy though because there are loads of them by what i am seeing.

Well, I've already encountered small bands of wet-behind-the-ears-just-finished-the-leaving lads wandering bewildered with accommodation lists in one hand and a phone in the other two, three weeks ago.

So pretty hard, I should think.

hehe fools! they should get college accomm for first year ..noobs :)

although i wander around....likewise....i wish i had a small band though....im the only one in ireland of the three so i gotta do this shizzle...and it really does suck.

Ah, ok - it's a lot harder if you're looking for a place for a group alright.

Handy being a loner at times. :)

simu wrote:
    Dang. I might leave it until later on so as I don't actually have lectures to attend. When does the rush cool off?
    you don't have lectures! the 5th is drawing ever nearer....

edit:unless thats code for arts ;)

damn the loner in me is trying to get out right now.......another day and a half of this ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Actually, now I'm reminded, I'll probably have a single room up for grabs around September. Must advertise it soon...

• Advertisement

you don't have lectures! the 5th is drawing ever nearer....

?

post-grad

All I have to do is meet my thesis supervisor once a week.

my friend is looking for a single room...but do i trust her to the beardy one....:)

Sarky wrote:
    Actually, now I'm reminded, I'll probably have a single room up for grabs around September. Must advertise it soon...

o_O

simu wrote:
    ?

post-grad

All I have to do is meet my thesis supervisor once a week.
    ah i see,not code for arts at all!
    ah post grad..its a bit off yet thank god...the things they do look quite scary to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

well all I can add is get a house/apartment in Dun na Coiribe (that'd be on the Headford (or Heff'ort if you are of a rural persuasion) Road btw)

I can attribute at least half my eventual college sucessful graduation to the fact that the house i moved into in DnaC in final year was seven minutes (at my most lazy , hungover, half-assed five to nine stroll ) from the civil eng building. Great place to live.

I never went to college much before that because I couldn't face the cycle in from rahoon in the pissing rain.....

thanks,i will check it out this week.

Advertisement