Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pixies are really fat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Lol, how Holden Caulfield of you!

he kills me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭k_money

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to the gig now they're fat bastards. I'd much rather see them get slim, abandon their instruments and perform ludicrous dance routines whilst miming to songs they didn't write/record.
    :rolleyes: FFS

Very true, the fat thing has nothing to do with their music, but I mean they can get slim without abandoning their instruments and that.

It is harder to listen to fat or ugly bands, take the magic numbers for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Meatloaf.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

you dont expect anything but a fat singer when you hear the name meatloaf
    in fact imagine the dissappointment if you turned up at a gig & meatlof had lost weight...fat rockstars rule.
    The fat brett anderson is my favourtite even better than fat elvis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Once you're fat its time to hang up your guitars. That's as true for the Pixies and New Order as it is for the greatest Rock'N'Roll band in the world ever, The Stooges, who are now greedy lumpen behemoths.

Knock it on the head before people forget your good early stuff and they only think of you as money-grabbing, opportunistic lardasses, which is how I now view the Pixies. Of course I'm old enough to have gone to see them in 1989 so I have something to compare it with rather than viewing their current cabaret as something akin to the emergence of Lazarus from the tomb.

What was that line from 'losing my edge'? oh yeah, 'borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered 80s'. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

I think that though Frank is a little on the large side...he's always been that size and he wouldn't be Frank without the weight!!
    He carries it off quite well...and just because he's large does not mean he's past it...have you heard him sing broken face?! He can still do all the "aha" stuff.
    So don't be a loony and expect good bands to be to be thin with shiny teeth! Thats not pixies style at all.

:rolleyes:

I never actually mentioned once that they had gotten crap because of their weight. I never mentioned they had gotten crap at all.

I just saw them on TV and went "that sounds like Pixies... but they're HUUUGE" and was very surprised. As per original post.

Christ. You people. Get grains of salt. Lots of them. And y'know FKCIN TAKE THEM.
    Damn Alternative Indians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The Pixies to Record a New Album -v- The Pixies are really fat
    18 posts -v- 39 posts
    Wow that says a lot

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Frank The Tank...

See number 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Bulimic Jazz? What?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

why do people keep saying see number 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

New Order put on a few pounds too, time of life, I suppose.

How about the Cure!?
    Robert Smith's a fat bastard now, I was choked!

Yeah but he still rocks socks! Don't deny it....

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

spiderlegs wrote:
    Yeah but he still rocks socks! Don't deny it....

I never did, sweet pie :)

he has been unskinny for a long while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gouger

they is no way . they is no way they is a pixie .pixies running up the garden pole ;,ouch said charlie tommy ;as he ate his curds and whey when all of a sudden a whore with a disease did the oooooooo oooooooo bit for that hymn they call "me mind is missing"feckis meckis who cares as long as nirvana are back together .title message font size and a PIXIE

I never did, sweet pie :)
    Thats what I like to hear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

gouger wrote:
    they is no way . they is no way they is a pixie .pixies running up the garden pole ;,ouch said charlie tommy ;as he ate his curds and whey when all of a sudden a whore with a disease did the oooooooo oooooooo bit for that hymn they call "me mind is missing"feckis meckis who cares as long as nirvana are back together .title message font size and a PIXIE

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

When did Zyox become a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

All i can say is Jack Black.
    look at the mofo. He's a fat bastard and one of the coolest in rock!
    ok so his music is pretty average but as an entertainer he's pure class.
    the fatness just adds to the pixies effect, geeky ****ed up fat kids talking bout the bible, incest and penises!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The Pixies are fat. 'Cos they're old-ish. What's the problem? And Black Francis was fat when he shudda been...ahem...normal...

The Pixies were always quite rockin' (and rollin')...

Advertisement