Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Erdinger, King of Beers?

Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 K!LL!@N

Most of the time i drink Guinness, but it can be a bit filling sometimes. Like the other night for example, when i was out celebrating my exam results. I'd been drinking guinness all afternoon and then had food. Needless to say i was feeling stuffed and sleepy. So i gave up on the guinness and one of my mates came back with an Erdinger. I'd never tried it before, but i have to say i was instantly converted. It's the nicest beer i've had in a long time. It tastes great. And you even get a cool foot tall glass! Pity it's not so widely available.

Comments

• I've tried 3 different types of Erdinger. The black one is ok but a bit vinegary, the cloudy one is my favourite but it gives me a really bad hangover, so the clear one in the silver bottle is the one I usually go for.

• Pop into the Porterhouse and work through their menu, then decide upon the king of beers. A personal fave Gales Prize Old Ale, treacle like taste. Or for the alcohol buzz try a Bush Beer @ 12%, a bit too sweet as most of the over alcohol beers are.
    Do it country by country (keep Belgium for a night you don't have work the next day smile.gif)

Xeno

• One pub in Cork even has it on draught ... My favourite is cloudy one too

• <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil Phil:
    the cloudy one is my favourite but it gives me a really bad hangover</font>
    very much ditto(including the hangover) and the do it in the stags head. If you can limit yourself to 4 or so....

Advertisement