Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

omg a thread called accomodation

Options
  • 30-05-2005 3:59pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So anyway,accom. it is.
    Gone home for the summer as college is finished but i have this odd feeling to return next year...There is just the 2 of us wanting to move into a four person place and she will be away in hawaii for most the summer so i have to do this shizzle on my own.Would like to live in the city i think, this time around and i was just wondering when do places start taking applications.I would think mid July would be a good time to get looking for a place?Do they start advertising then?in the galway advertiser and whatnot?(for people wanting to start living in galway near the end of august that is)
    If there are the two of us would we half to find two other random people if no1 else takes the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Hmmmm..... You gotta a lotta questions there boss!

My mates are moving into town this summer, planning and living in town through the school/college year. They reckon that you should probably start looking immediately, so you can be all calm and chilled out and not STRESSED (which is desserts backwards) Also, as all the auld biddys say..... tis the early bird that catches the worm, ie; if you start looking now, you might find some sweet accomodation. (Rumours have reached me, that there is some apartments up for rent around the Docks area. ;) )

Searching wise.... looking at the Galway advertiser is always a good start. posting on the internet is another good idea. (Don't ask me where, cause i dunno) Sticking up signs in public areas, ie; shops,restaurants, brothels. Might do the job... (worked for my sister). Short of that... you would need to go to landlords personally and talk to them, but that is like sooooooooooooo much work!!!! :(

That's all I can offer. I know it's useless but i just thought i might give a heads up....

Good luck with it all! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks for the advice ! and going to the bother of seeing what yer mates would do.

i think i have been told that they(land lord folks) wouldn't be looking for people to live there next year this early,advertising etc. but i dunno.i have to be wired my friends deposit and crap so i cant go up to early...

what i thought i'd do is go up sometime early july like and stay in a friends house for a few days and inspect all the places personally :) (i have been told that i have to get a female second opinion lol "not that i don't trust you")

as for the chance of finding sweet accomodation,anywhere is sweet compared to corrib village! but i will have a very high standard(that's the problem)

i dont know much about the docks area apart from those fancy apartments i have seen if that's the place....i think that place beside dunnes(edwards square?) and HMV has cool apartments.....right in the middle of town too....i am going to be soo stressed(desserts omg!) i hate doin this stuff....

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Hmmmm.... I see!

Well, I was just about to let you know that Corrib village are looking for residents..... but i guess you're not interested.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

Red

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks lol i don't think i'll be going to corrib again well maybe to see whos in my old room hehe! (contraceptive couches my ass...^^)

Advertisement