Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCU Legends

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

All time ledgend of college ... Got to be the Matrix! He's a guy that was doing Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

How bout "Kevin The Friendly Security Guard" from Res...the only one of those things that wouldnt fine you on the spot for breathing loudlu after 12...

There is one of the canteen staff thats as tight as 2p. She always works at the till and nearly goes poking your food to see if you've got anything hidden there.

She's really mean. I remember this guy in front of me got a big portion from the chef and she wanted to charge double. She even went up with his plate and gave out to the chef. Come on woman .... Get a life. Your ownly a pawn over there. Stop over charging students ..... You not getting any bonus's for that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

a guy known as egg, he's bit of a legend.. people who were at a res party 2 or 3 years ago, in front of the canteen, might remember him as the guy who tore off his own underwear to win some random prize in a contest he wasnt even in.

Thats sooo funny. There really is some idiots in DCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

A certain maths lecturer for sencond year engineering.

He is the Funniest F**ker i have ever met.
    You learn cause if you don't know the answer he will ridicule you :)

He picks names from the roll and asks them a questions, One day this Guy was absent and he asked his friends where the guy was. They told them he was off buying a present for his girlfriend so jerry got his mobile number and rang him then and there in the class. He didn't answer but it would have been hilarious.
    Lecturer wrote:
    C'mon folks, its not like i'm asking you to go out and have sex with a Donkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

UCD have a libriarian called Libocop
    That guy is a total asshat, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Wow! Ive yet to meet an asshat!

Would that lecture operate under the initials M??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ishmael wrote:
    A certain maths lecturer for sencond year engineering.

He is the Funniest F**ker i have ever met.
    You learn cause if you don't know the answer he will ridicule you :)

He picks names from the roll and asks them a questions, One day this Guy was absent and he asked his friends where the guy was. They told them he was off buying a present for his girlfriend so jerry got his mobile number and rang him then and there in the class. He didn't answer but it would have been hilarious.

I was in that lecture too, what was even better was that I failed maths that year and had to have him all over again for another year. :rolleyes: :)

The next lecture was even better, because the guy was there and he remembered to ask if he was present. He spent about 10 minutes talking about his girlfriend, and proceeded to slag the **** out of the present the guy bought. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PunkAnderson

That lecturer hasn't a clue. he's anything but a legend! if he stopped making so many jokes he might have time to actually lecture. and he's a crap lecturer anyway. also keeping the class in until the hour is bad too. i failed maths cos of that idiot and his "jokes" :mad:

No, you failed Maths because when it comes to the test, he never tells you anything that "might" even come up, and then marks it pretty toughly.

The way to pass that test is nail the first half of the paper (when I did it we had two seperate lecturers for the two sections, dunno if its still the same). The first half is the easier anyway, less chance of choosing the wrong method when you're just asked to find the partial derivatives of a function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

just saw this thread now

i think Mags would have to be a DCU legend. she used to work in the SU offices beside the old pool room

stuffing the pool tables with paper was often the only way poor stundents could get a few games of pool in - seeing her coming at you, knowing that you're caught was one scary experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poskat

That lecturer hasn't a clue. he's anything but a legend!
    hes good if you know how to deal with him! he actually breaks down all the maths to its simplest form. hes better than the two lecturers we had before him anyway!

One bit of advice to 2nd year maths people, learn your Laplace and definately Z-Transforms. Knowing them well makes Signals in 3rd year a fair bit easier. If you know Fourier stuff well as well, you'll fly through signals.

Most peoples problem is that they dont, they're just happy to get past 2nd year Maths and think "thank god.....no more stand alone maths modules anymore".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

That lecturer hasn't a clue. he's anything but a legend! if he stopped making so many jokes he might have time to actually lecture. and he's a crap lecturer anyway. also keeping the class in until the hour is bad too. i failed maths cos of that idiot and his "jokes" :mad:
    He's an awful lecturer but he does HUNDREDS of examples and at least shows you how to do the exam...

He screwed us over this year by COMPLETLY changing the exam, left off nearly all the Laplace Transforms he put on all the other exams since 2003... the exam was very similar to 2002 which was different to the others...

He lives beside where I work now so I get to see him all the time... Yay for me... :(

Advertisement