Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me with halo2 on live PLEASE!

• 14-03-2005 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I cant seem to figure out how to host a game the only thing i can do is setup a private game that i need to invite people into but i want to setup a public game.

How come people shoot me and with a short burst im dead, when im shooting people im shooting them for ages before they die. Im not a brutal shot or anything and i move around like mad trying to avoid them but just cant kill people nearly as quick as everyone kills me. Any ideas other than me being sh!t.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

just hit quickmatch or optimatch, i presume youre talkin about live.

there is no such thing as hosting, you dont even need to create a party. just hit quickmatch, in game options use the match settings to choose your type of game and away you go.

as for killing people faster, try shooting them in the head or using a plasma pistol to remove their shield fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea talking about live, I know how to join games thats not the prob but how come some games start with only rocket laucnhers or swords etc is that just randomly setup ?!?

Is that the only way to kill people faster ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

The only thing you can do is host a 'party', this is a group of your live friends, when you are hosting a party you can select what maps and games are to be played, but the actual hosting is determined by the live servers. when you go on to live look for the additional options (press x) to appear on the bottom right hand corner of your screen, all the extra options are in there.

hope this helps

fair enough seems weird that they dont allow public hosted games most games i play on live do (cant actually think of any other than halo that dont)

Anyway if anyone has anymore tips on how to kill better cause i dont like sneaking up on people to kill them but its the only way i can kill cause one on one gets me killed QUICK.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

What weapon you using mostly. Shotgun is one shot one kill in most cases no matter where you hit them (within reason) need to be close though.
    Otherwise stay away from the assault rifle - to spray-ey.
    The SMG's are good enough in a pair but you should always try to mix one alien with one human when dual wielding - both have advantages over each other so combining them works for me - except for dual plasma rifles - devastating.
    Stay away from the sniper rifle unless you are bloody good with it because your just a hefty target up close and the vapour trails work against you. If you don't kill someone first time with the sniper rifle they will likely know where you are and co-ordinate against you with a team-radio message.
    Rocket launcher is best kept for medium range - rocket is too slow for big maps unless of course its a vehicle your targetting and can get a lock - very satisfying. If you do like the rocket launcher and you get off two rounds and find yourself up close - dont forget to use the melee attack. I have mine set to boxer set up so the left trigger busts them.

Above all though - if your in a team work as one - lone rangers in team games don't stand a chance. If its a free for all get to know the map very well and find an area that works for you.

All may feel free to object to all above - it works for me normally - when digiweb provide a decent speed to me that is - thats another story.

• Advertisement

some good advie guys im getting a few more kills in now. Heard some people talking about the one shot kills during a rumble game they couldnt understand how the guy in the lead was killing people so easilly either and your man wouldnt say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Kristok, who is your ISP?
    Some are worse than others for gaming - i.e. you find yourself "behind" the play which can get you killed pretty darned quick.

Good advice from ShiverinEskimo, though my fav is the pistol and SMG combo. Shotguns are crap if your pings times are bad - and it sounds like yours might be. You're just shooting at air half the time....

If you get stuck on a shotgun only level concentrate on grenades or getting real close and melee (bashing their brains out with the butt of your gun!)...

Have fun!

(Gamertag: Dades)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ThaMasta

If your worried bout your rank...practice in Rumble/Team Training...

Get good with the Battle Rifle. Its the best all round weapon in the game. With practice it will be ur friend mid range AND close range.
    Master 'the Combo'....plasma pistol charge to drop their shields then switch to the battle rifle for a 1 shot kill

USE THE SNIPER RIFLE ANY CHANCE YOU CAN!!!!, and get good with it. It may take months to master, but its the key to winning in Halo2 (1 headshot or 2 to the body)...Sniper can be also used "no-scope" up close....with a lot of practice...probably the most satisfying kill in the game...no scope snipe shot!!!

But heres the thing....

Whilst playing Optimatch.....You will never be the host as the halo2 netcode will automatically make the person with the fastest connection the host...i.e some american. Therefore you should note that your packets are travelling across the atlantic and because of this you should avoid the shotgun, the sword will also be unreliable.

I rarely play on xbox live anymore having switched to Xbox Connect (www.xbconnect.com). On xbc its just europeans and ul notice that you will get twice as many kills as you would on live if you keep the pings under 100ms...(cos ur packets arent going across the atlantic) It has all the features of live, buddies list, joining friends games, voice works etc...theres no matchmaking, but I can live with that.

Advertisement