Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 gone bust?

Options
  • 16-02-2005 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering - one of my mates has a PS2 and I was playing SA on it a few weeks ago, when the PS2 started freezing up and I could hear weird noises coming from the drive. I ejected the disc, but when I put another disc in it refuses to even recognise it anymore - be it game or DVD video. obviously, the DVD drive has gone bust, and I have tried cleaning the laser lens. I opened it up (dangerous, I know) , and the drive spindle motor no longer rotates at all - indicating the drive has gone bust. Where is the best place to have it fixed, or to get a new DVD drive? The unit is a few years old, but I dont think he wants to splash out €150 on a new PS2.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

have a talk with http://forums.afterdawn.com/ in the PS2 section and tell them about your problem, somebody might have a way of fixing it. Could be expensive to get repaired i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

had the same problem a year or so ago.
    My problem was that there is a small ribbon cable running under the lens mount, a 'friend' of mine forced the door closed, ripping the cable,

Got onto Sony, they said put the whole lot back into a box + controller and leads...return it, they then send out a new one for EU100 or something. Have a look at their website. Took a few days. if it is unde 12 months old (and you can prove it) it should be covered under warranty??, other than that perhaps look for seconf hand one?.. should be plently about after the release of the 'slim' PS2?

hope it helps

Advertisement