Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for old merc???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Well I could not be bothered to wait to win the lotto so I went ahead with my collection anyway:
    Here is the list

1975 TR6
    1972 Alfa GT 1300 Junior
    1975 Daimler 4.2
    1977 Peugeot 504
    1983 Alfasud 1.5Ti

Well thats enough for anyone to handle.

Any pictures of the 'Sud? How does it run? Are they hard to find in good shape? Was there a QFV version of these, or was that only the Sprint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

magpie wrote:
    You got any pics of the peugeot 504? I love those 70s ones.

OK - here is my 504 - taken this this evening. There was lovely bright sunlight until a few seconds before I took these shots - typical luck :mad:
    Its a 1977 one owner L model with 41,000 miles on the clock since new. Starts first time even when left a few days.
    The 'L' has a solid rear axle at the back (the GL had independent suspension) and of course no power steering. It is not bad though as the sterering is very high geared (or is that low geared?) you just have great fun twisting the steering wheel to take a 90 degree corner.
    I always wanted one of these cars as they were my favourite during my school days :D

front.jpg
    rear.jpg
    rearside.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    engine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

:D:D:D

She's a beauty alright! My family had the estate model in metallic green :) and I spent many happy years being driven around in the back when I was a nipper.

Where did you pick this one up?

Let me know if you ever want to sell her. Seriously. I spent about 25 mins drooling over one in spain much to her indoors' boredom.

[QUOTE=magpieWhere did you pick this one up?[/QUOTE]

I saw it on Ebay and just agreed the price (used the 'buy it now' option) drove it back al the way from London. stg£1,700 - still a good deal IMO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Just got my Irish plates on my Daimler - here is a pic - perhaps Silvera should be sitting down first before viewing them :eek:

How could you !!! :eek: :D

Nice car btw !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Well I could not be bothered to wait to win the lotto so I went ahead with my collection anyway

BTW, Alfasudcrazy ...... shouldn't your post above be in the 'Your ideal classic collection' thread ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I saw it on Ebay and just agreed the price (used the 'buy it now' option) drove it back al the way from London. stg£1,700 - still a good deal IMO

Well worth it. I had a look on ebay/google last night, the only 70s one I could find was some joker in Argentina looking for £10,000 sterling or a swap for a brand new Golf Gti. You've got to love his optimism.

Silvera wrote:
    BTW, Alfasudcrazy ...... shouldn't your post above be in the 'Your ideal classic collection' thread ??

I know - just realised it when I had clicked the button - sometimes I can do things like that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement