Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Science International

• 18-12-2004 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Does anybody do this course or know anybody doing this course?I'm really interested in it but i haven't heard anything about it so any comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

AFAIK, it's the same as common entry science, except you go abroad instead of the intra thing?
    Anyway, a friend of mine is in first year for it. As far as I can see the only problem with it is you're doing the three sciences, so if you've never done one of them it could be tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 auslaender

Hi. I did Chemistry and german which is one of the courses which has kinda turned into science international now. Now with science international though you've also got the opportunity to go to other countries other than german or french speaking countries.anyway, the science lectures in 1st year are pretty much common to everyone doing 1st year science degrees. from then on we did a lot of the same lectures as applied chemistry(chemical and pharmaceutical sciences).In 3rd year I went to germany for the yr and did my intra there too. Ws the best year of my 4 years in college.Would def recommend it!!In 2nd year you'll probably have to decide what direction of science you wanna go in.check out the DCU online prospectus for more info on your choices in 2nd year etc.. http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/degrees.php
    If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to ask!!

Advertisement