Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Strike Force: The Shopping Trip. (need help!)

Options
  • 07-12-2004 7:01pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, well its December which means its time to plug www.SantaStrikeForce.com again.

There are a number of things coming up but I'll be brief:

Pretty soon (as in later tonight or tomorrow morning) I'll be putting up banner ads to the SSF Chrimbo Party! Its a more family focused event then our usual Beers Bashes. the lads are busily penning an explanation which I'll link the ads to.

The primary reason for this announcement is to tell you all how SSF is going and to ask for some help. In short its going terrific. This year more has been donated then last year already. Primaraily in the form of money though which, while nice and flexible, means I have to go shopping!

This was not something I had planned ahead for. :)

So, I'm going to go shopping on the Sunday the 19th and do as many of the strikes as possible on the same day. So, we'll shop from midday until say, 3:30 and then load up the cars and hit the locations (or deposit the goods in my apt in town for later disposal!)

What I need are helpers and drivers. Now a lot of people have said they'd help already and I gave them very non-committal answers, the truth is I didnt have a plan until now. So if you can help, please post on this thread and/or PM me contact details for you.

Also if you work in, manage or know someone in a toys shop and want half a dozen loonies with a cheque book and 2.5K to burn in your shop, then all you have to do is offer us a discount. :)

Thanks for all your support to date, its been great!

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you need help with the shopping bit (I don't drive, so can't help there) let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I will probably be around then if you need a car/helper, but should know closer to said date. I can throw the back seat down so I have space for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've got a small one (car that is... ;) ) and am provisionally available for transport from roughly 2.30pm onwards. Will post up early next week to confirm, and PM details if required then DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'm free on the day with my van, which should swallow most of what's bought, certainly bulky things likes bikes will go in easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Im Available to do some driving and helping stuff if needed! PM us if you need us:) ted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

will be free that afternoon, have commitments for the morning, have either van or jeep available,

eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I knew the date sounded familiar, hence my non-commital answer at the time. Work Xmas party is then so I'm out, sorry guys.

I'll help with the shopping, can't drive tho' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Right-o.

I don't have any sort of transport, but I'm tall, so I can lift stuff. I can get into Dublin city centre easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm around to help with the shopping and carrying, no transport though but I can easily get to the city centre...PM me if you want help with the shopping & delivering Tom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

althoidont drive, i have too much free time on my hands now college is finished for x-mas, i'm a bigguy and spent 2 years lifting things for a living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I should be ok to drive you around as well if required. pm me if you need me.

My bad - I just realised the 19th is Sunday, not Saturday (I really read DeV's post thoroughly!) and I won't be about :(

Double apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi DeVore...

How many vehicles have you got, and how many do you need? Me and the car might be around Dublin on Sunday, I'll advise closer to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Don't drive, but can help with shopping and anything else.

Will PM contact details and stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DeV, I know I offered some transport a while back, but unfortunately some family thing has come up for Sunday. I'm not sure yet if I can get out of it, but if you're still stuck for transport later in the week let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Really sorry about this, I was looking forward to taking part. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DeV,

Fiat Seicento and one pair of lifting apparatus available from 2.30 onwards on Sunday. I've PMed you my contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

how did today pan out!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It was fun. I went with other people to "Crumlin Hostipal", "Acklen [spelling?] & Meath Hostipal", and "Tallaght Hostipal". Went in, asked for charity officer. There was one @ Crumlin, the one @ A&M was not there that day(gave to offical type person who the reception called down), and Tallaght didn't have one(left the stuff @ reception).
    Was fun. Got one or two funny looks. Proberly cos I was dressed in all black, full length trenchcoat, black shades, and a red & white Santy hat, and it was dark'ish outside.

There was about 7 or so people helping. I'm not naming anyone, as I only remember 4 of ye (not good with names), but it was fun.

At Tallaght Hostipal, they seemed to want to help in future ops, as they had held fund-raising in the hostipal before. We gave the website, so hopefully they check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ah good stuff.....i'm so pissed off i had to work...would have loved to have been able to help.

• Advertisement

Shame I couldn't make it..well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd say it was great fun. Pissed off I couldn't make it.

*Shakes fist at work.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was great, theres still tons more to do but we're in the xmas lull now so clean up will have to wait until new year. Barretstown have yet to be hit and thats a biggie.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Also Debra Ireland have some stuff coming to them so I want to sort that out to.

DeV.

Advertisement