Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas - Did it come too early this year?

Options
  • 04-12-2004 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Now lads, dont get me wrong, i love the spirit of christmas, the family coming around, the food. . . mmm, food! however, some shops had christmas decorations up before halloween (example would be dunnes stored in edward sq and boots on shop st) i love christmas, its brilliant, but it starts december - earliest - who's with me? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

For once on this issue I'm going to have to disagree.

Though imo christmas comes too early every year, becoming more like America etc etc etc, but this year I noticed most radio dj's refused to play christmas songs before December 1st, and not too many decorations up yet.

December 1st is still too early, but it's not as bad as in Boston where it basically starts in September....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Incorrect. It actually starts later here in the US. The ball doesnt really get rolling until the day after Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November). I find it starts much earlier over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I hadn't really noticed until I went to work on Sunday and noticed a tree in the reception. That said, I have enough things on my plate that Christmas isn't important right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I though Fobia was correct i didn`t hear much about christmas this year until december, i`d say the crappy mild wheather is affecting every1`s judgement. I mean its way too warm for frost/ice or anything fun, i saw a wasp the other day. the 14th of dec "A WASP", lousy global warming. :mad: It`s that stupid fooking white-house not signing up to the KYOTO agreement; for the leaders of the free world thats really p()()r play

Advertisement