Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofar 6kw hybrid inverter Problem?

Options
  • 20-05-2024 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭

I got my solar panels installed in July 2022. They were working perfectly up until the 6th of this month. The output on the 1st was 33kwh, then it started dropping - 10.52 on the 2nd, 8.89 on the 4th, 4,49 on the 5th until it went to 0 on the 6th, and nothing since.

I have a Sofar 6kw hybrid inverter (HYD 3K~6K-ES) and 20 x Longi LR4-60HPB panels. I changed broadband provider and that caused a problem with the app connectivity to the inverter (I'm using the solarman app). I connected but it's been spotty as I also had to get the new version of the app - I often get a network unavailable message when I try to log in.

I don't think it's the clamps as it's logging power consumption and power purchased. The inverter seems to be connected to the grid - it's flashing green (it says either solid green or flashing is OK). I rang the installer and asked if they could send someone to check it out. They have said they're investigating and they're talking to the inverter supplier to see if they can log in and see whether the inverter needs to be replaced.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Sofar inverter? There doesn't seem to be a lot of problems discussed online so I'm just wondering if this is down to something simple that could be easily resolved. I wish the installer would just come out and look at the system rather than try to do it remotely.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

First course of action is really the installer, if you mess with anything you risk then potentially getting a get out of jail card excuse. This is where installers are proving poor, standing over issues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭DC999

Have you another way to check if it’s working in case it’s just the inverter not showing the data correctly but the system is working fine? You can check on the My Energie app if you have it. Or if you’ve a smart meter login to and you’ll see if it’s still producing as expected. https://www.esbnetworks.ie/ and then 'login'

Or do you have a physical digital-display meter that shows the production in kW? My installer fitted one for me so I can see how much the house is using or solar is creating.

Restart the system however you’ve been shown to do it. Which could just be to power off the isolator switches to the inverter.

Document what changed. But as Slave suggest, lean on the installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

As DC999 says, I'd go to ESB website and download your HDF file if you have a smart meter. With the information that you have May1st being 33Kwhr, you can compare that to another good day, and see what you exported (today for example).
    Maybe the problem is just a logging one and your system is producing power and consuming it, but your just not logging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I don't have a smart meter. They came out to install and it was too big. I'm supposed to be getting a smaller one.

I don't think it's a logging issue as I checked on a few glorious days where I would be pulling between 40 and 50kwh, and the battery was empty. It should have been full.

Think it's the inverter or a problem with the panels, or something in between... maybe something has come loose.

Advertisement