Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public service pay scales and pension links

Options
  • 12-05-2024 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

My public sector employer is offering me a transfer (due to job reorganisation) to a personal pay grade (where my salary is frozen and not linked to an incremental scale).  I currently work in a public service graded post with increments (reached the top of my scale 13yrs ago!).

I am unfamiliar with these personal grades and I am concerned that the personal grade will cause difficulty when it comes to drawing down my pension.  There may be other implications I am not aware of. 

Can anyone share their experience of working in the public service on 'Personal Grades'....for example 

1. are post holders on personal grades considered public servants for pension purposes?  

2. Is it common practice to relink a personal grade post to a public service scale on or before retirement?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement