Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option - advice please.

Options
  • 10-05-2024 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

We bought a house in Spain, currently our electricity supply is only 2.2Kw, which can be upgraded to 5.75kw for about €1800. Would we be better spending that money (and a bit more) putting in solar panels and a battery? What would be the cost of an entry level setup but that could run a house? - this is available from Spanish version of homebase for about €3.2k

Complete Solar System with Brackets Included PACK ZERO+ AX170 XUNZEL. Designed for medium electrification. Ready to plug and play. ZERO problems. Safe, reliable and maintenance-free. Pure wave inverter output power 3000W (Peak 6000W). Average generation capacity up to 15kWh/day with 6x SOLARPOWER-ON-425N30 panels with optimized dimensions. 4x battery capacity SOLARX240 up to 11500Wh. Deep-cycle, long-life, maintenance-free, sealed and 100% safe solar battery. High efficiency MPPT and ultra-fast solar inverter/charger. Coplanar support, cables, XUNKLIK connectors and PVGUARD photovoltaic protections and SWITCHGUARD + BATTGUARD battery protections included. With built-in WIFI, monitor your system anywhere at no cost. With additional input for generator and/or mains power with automatic start. PACK ZERO+ certified and easily expandable.

Post edited by Firblog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Leroy don't like sharin' links.

But for me, I'd go down the route of solar for sure, except I'd want to be sure that I had the generating capacity (aspect and no future planning issues which could cause shading) first.

Advertisement