Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyness 5.12 vs Weko 5.3

Options
  • 05-05-2024 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am tossing around two quotes for a panel and battery installation and I am trying to get to grips with brands as I enter the solar knowledge base. What I know from EVs is to watch out for the usable kWh from any battery.

I have two companies which have provided the lowest cost quotes.

Company A offer:

• 5.3 kWh Weco battery (W5K3XPLV)
    • Datasheet says it has an "up to 100%" depth of discharge.
    • Cost is 1469 euro
    • Plus 10001 euro for 18 Jinko 435 watt panels and Solis inverter (JKM435N-54HL4R-B and S6-GR1P5K)
    • 11470 grand total (deposit is 4588)

Company B offer:

• 5.12kWh Dyness battery (no model number given)
    • Some Googling shows a data sheet for a similar battery which has a 90% depth of discharge or 4.6kWh usable.
    • Cost is 1250 euro.
    • Plus 9450 euro for 18 Jinko 430 watt panels and Hypontech inverter (no model numbers given)
    • 10700 grand total (deposit is 2000)

Company B has a few boardsies approval based on the recommended installer list. Company A is not on the list, but has a very impressive quote website, and has quite a few informative blogs, as well as solid Google reviews.

Am I over thinking the battery side? Some posts here recommended the Weco over the Dyness. Is 219 euro worth 0.8kWh extra? Perhaps, but Company A are charging a wee bit more for the panels.

Many thanks for the advice. I am looking for the best value and return.

Comments

Advertisement