Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital service and misdiagnosis leaving me in pain

Options
  • 14-04-2024 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I just want some advice. I was diagnosed with sepsis and cellulitis back in August. In hospital for 5 days then discharge been told 2 to 3 weeks of physio and I'll be fine. Weeks went by then months on crutches been unable to walk or work and in pain all the time. Then I got admitted to hospital in December for 3 weeks looking for answers. MRIs CT scans x-rays loads of meds. Got diagnosed with post herpatic neuralgia after been told I may have had many many other things. Was put on anti depressants, nerve stoppers and strong pain killers and still in pain. Nothing was working. Waiting for appointment after appointment from referrals to be told I don't have what I was diagnosed with and nothing was going to help other than a CT guided injection. I eventually went to a chiropractor and found that all along my sacrum was not sitting right and I can walk again. Still sore in my back and not back to work and don't know if I'll be able to work again. Where do I stand in all of this as I've felt like a guinea pig the way the hospital was and should they have spotted something so simple rather than been in pain for 7 months and not able to walk without crutches or even do anything for myself

Post edited by lauramia on
    Tagged:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement