Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nct question

Options
  • 13-04-2024 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI all looking for some information as I don't really no where to start

Yesterday I took my car for nct

Car had no issues previously that I was aware off no issues with driving or defects

Didn't sign a disclaimer form in center car goes through test passes on literally everything as I expected it to .

When my car was given back heard abit of a rattle didn't think anything of it again no warning lights nothing drove approximately 3 to 4 km up the road .

BAng engine gone .😪

Ended up being stuck I'm the middle of the road for 45 mins before help could get to me with small child couldn't get tow truck till next morning

Aa was obviously rang within the hr of nct

Do I have any come back with nct ect

SUrley if there was a problem or defect with my car they would have seen in nct test

Any advice would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

What's the diagnosis by your mechanic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 linzie

WAitin on mechanic but aa have said engine gone 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The nct won't damage a healthy car.

It's possible that the test may have brought forward the failure by a few days or whatever but if the nct test finished the engine, it was ready to go bang anyway.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just because it happened after, doesn't mean it caused it.

Was your car recently serviced? What agole and mileage was it?

They rev the car a bit and drive it up onto a ramp. Nothing particularly strenuous. If your car can't manage that's it wasn't long for this world.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement