Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping Solar

Options
  • 07-04-2024 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Not stricly construction and planning but solar seems to be here, i have an ecoflow river 2 battery for running a compressor fridge when im camping, all good, get a bit over 3 days, if i'm away for a week i just charge it for a while off the car, all good but…

Someone gave me a briefcase solar panel -this its a 100w (2X50w panels) in february the ecoflow was reading 90W input when the sun was out, dropping to 40-50w with a bit of cloud. Tried it on an over cast day and was reading as 20w but no charge for half an hour. battery stayed at 68.1%

The ecoflow says 11-50V 13A, 220W Max for the solar input, is it likely that the voltage drops below the amount required? Anything i can do about it?

I tend to just go away for long weekends when the weather is nice over the summer so not that big a deal.

Comments

Advertisement