Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What else is needed when ordering DIY battery kit?

Options
  • 06-04-2024 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys. While waiting for an answer to this on an older thread, the batteries I was about to order went out of stock 😪

I am ready to pull the trigger and order the SEPLOS Mason vertical DIY kit from Fogstar, delivered to NI.

I am also ready to order the B Cells from NKON. (currently out of stock).

I have the battery cables that came with the Solis Hybrid Inverter.

What else do I need to order so I can complete the build and installation? Fuses, cables, comms, bus bars…anything else? Last thing I want is to have it built and then have to wait weeks for more parts I should have ordered right away.

I'll be planning and building an insulated frame for up to 3 of these batteries while I wait for delivery.

I am letting a lot of energy go to the grid during the day, so would love to get going with this.

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

have a look at @buzzfish shopping list here for his build, pretty comprehensive

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

A multimeter! Ideally one that has a clamp current meter

Once you get your smart meter in, you'll be wanting to export.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Thanks Guys. I ordered the SEPLOS kit the other day. Expecting it next week in NI.

Ordered the batteries from NKON today as soon as I got email they were back in stock. I had trouble paying with credit card and ended up sending money by bank transfer. These won't be shipped til mid May. So by the time they arrive, i'll be ordering more cells to collect 😂

Stay Free

Advertisement