Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3yrs installed, algae growth

Options
  • 29-03-2024 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

Just bought a 7m window cleaning kit to clean the panels as I'm noticed early stage algae growth and I want to avoid any lichen.. anyone have any experience in what solution to use, doing the usual googling of course...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

Chlorine based products kill algae. Spray. Don't scrub. Micro-scratches will just give unwanted growth a better foothold. Maybe create hot spots on solar cells too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

all washed and naturally rinsed last night! used a 7m telescopic set, took less than an hour and they're looking like new! won't make a lick of difference to output but they sure do look better

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I have used Acti Wash Pro to remove Algae growth and found it great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

out of interest, do you have a link to the 7m kit?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

IGADPole Professional Telescopic Window Cleaning Kit 24 Foot (7m) Extension (amazon uk)

not recommending it though, cheap material internally but it's done the job for now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement