Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookies settings

Options
  • 24-03-2024 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭

I have been a member on boards for a long time (2004).

Recently I have been presented with a cookies settings window about once a week, despite having selected my preferences, and saved them.

Is it possible to have these settings saved in a manner that won't have the website request reconfirmation repeatedly from me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭AhhHere

Same thing for me. My preferences should be saved without having to reconfirm every visit.

I doubt it's intentional, but I'd hope it's not a tactic to keep asking in the hope I "select all" after losing patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

I get it every day when switching from wifi to data. There's a suspiciously well timed jump in the page too that has often led to me accepting the cookie mistakingly.

Post edited by Inviere on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yes. And still getting dating ads coming up despite having refused all every.. single.. time I log in!

As an older married woman I have no interest in dating these young women so am at a loss as to why they are being presented to me on boards!

Surely once cookies and preferences saved that should be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

I started this thread 2 days ago, and I haven't even had acknowledgement from mods or management, much less suggestions or solutions.

I was asked just yesterday evening again to confirm my cookie settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Go in to this thread below, post and ask the mods to move this to there if necessary..

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058199223/just-bugs-missing-functionality-reports-no-griping#latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I have this same gripe too. It appears my consent (opt out) only lasts approx 48hrs. Then I have the One Trust Cookie consent banner again. Frustratingly, this banner shows my previous saved preferences This indicatee to me the preference cookie is set to expire in roughly 170,000 seconds, which is very short. Can this period be extend to respect users explicit consent to opt out and not keep asking them to opt out?

I too wonder if I opted in to all tracking etc would this be saved for a longer period. Can you confirm whether a user opts in or out the cookie duration is the same for both scenarios.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

@Spear is this correct? The consent overlay only lasts 48 hours? I thought it was longer. Has it changed recently that you know of?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It should be much longer. I've checked the cookies I have stored, and they have expiries months from now, from May into June, as it should be. There's been other complaints about this in the past I recall.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement